14.

Chapter fourteen
Marlene grabbed another poster and taped it to the wall. As she's walking away she's interrupted by sounding tapping her shoulder and yelling "Gabe, You scared me to death!" She laughed "Oops" he chuckled kissing her. "So, your costume is very... Bold" Marlene looks at him "thanks. My mom picked it out for me" He smiled making her laugh.

"I have an idea. I was thinking we should work the street together. You know. Misunderstood lobster, and eco-warrior slash beautiful heroine, hand in hand. I think it could work" He says.

"excuse me. What's this all about?" A lady and man comes up to them "Um, good afternoon. We are having the world premiere screen of our movie, The Splattering, at the strand theatre in Matheson" Gabe says as Marlene passes the lady a flyer "Oh, this isn't a new lobster restaurant?" She asks "no. That's exactly what it is. This is the next lobster I'm cooking" she throws her arm around him "no, no, it's a movie" he says "maybe we'll check it out" the woman said walking away "okay!" Gabe said.

"I don't think they're coming" Gabe laughs "what'd you think scares them? Me cooking you alive or just you?" She chuckled. "Do you wanna get some ice cream?" She asks "sure," he says "yeah, they've got a community board where we can put up fliers. Maybe say hi to Scot" She says taking some fliers out of her bag "Oh, Scot quit" Gabe says "he did?" She asks "yeah, he got, you know, pretty busy finishing the movie, and he needed more time to work on it," Gabe says "does that mean we can't get free Ice cream?" Marlene frowns "afraid so, Marls" He looks at her

"Holy shit!" Kinsey says looking at some sort of skull "this was just sitting here?" Tyler asks "over there, behind the boxes. At some point, there was a gigantic rat living here" Bode says "reckon it used the keys?" Marlene asked, "this is serious!"  Bode says. "Have you ever seen a rat that big?" Kinsey asks "NO, but last year, we had a rat skull in my classroom, and it looked exactly like this" Bode says

"They showed you skull?" Marlene asked "it's not likely," Tyler says "really? Is it any less likely than moving into a house filled with magical keys?" Bode asks "all right. Um, I have a plan" Tyler nods his head "good. What?" Bode looks at him "so we're gonna get a huge wheel of cheese, and then we're gonna build a giant trap" Tyler says "this is not funny. I'm serious!" Bode looks at him "really big" Ty moves his hands to show.

"What is this giant rat thing? Where are all the missing keys? What happened to Ellie?" Bode starts spamming a bunch of questions "hey, what's gotten into you, bud?"Kinsey asks "just because we figured out a few of the keys, we think we know everything, but there's so much more we don't know," Bode says "you're right. We don't know everything, but... But we know that Dodge is gone" Tyler says "or is she?" Marlene smirks as she holds a flashlight under her face "not funny!" Bode says taking the flashlight.

"Whatever else, we'll figure out. Okay?" Tyler puts his hand on Bode's shoulder "And, hey, this thing clearly died a long time ago, so legs not put it at the top of our lists if worries" Kinsey reassures him "okay, fine, but it still should be on the list" Bode says "yeah, right under my worries of exams" Marlene chuckles. The doorbell goes off causing then all to go to it.

"What have you been up to this summer, Kinsey?" Brian asks "She hardly ever gets out of her own head," Tyler says receiving a look from Kinsey. "I don't know. I've been reading, watching movies, working on my art" Kinsey says cutting up her food.

"She's also been visiting Erin Voss, Rendell's old friend, in the hospital every week. It's nice. I don't think she gets a lot of visitors" Nina says "yeah, I like doing that" Kinsey smiles. "I don't really remember that much. Ah, oh, hey, I almost forgot to mention this. Ty, I have a very cool project for us" Duncan says "what's that?" Ty asks "Gracie," Duncan says making Marlene gasps "Gracie?" Tyler asks "Gracie. My classic 1969 Pontiac GTO. I've always ways to restore her, and this would be the perfect chance. I'm having her shipped down here and thought we could work on her together" Duncan says

"Don't work on her too well, Ty" Marlene snorts "you know I know nothing about cars?" He says. Tyler turns to Marlene and gives her a death glare. "You'll learn," Duncan says looking at him.

Brian says something in Japanese "how dare you insult me, sir!" Duncan says "I asked if you could pass that plate, please," Brian says smiling "Oh!" Duncan returns the smile "my pleasure" he passes Brian a plate "agriato," Brian says "oh my--" Duncan looks away making everyone laugh "what? What? I have to practice!" Brian says "Brian has been listening to Japanese language programs. It's very impressive. My patience" Duncan says.

"How long will you be in Japan?" Kinsey asks "Six months. My law firm is taking on new international client's" Brian says "it's gonna be such an adventure!" Nina says. "The real adventure begins when Brian gets back from Tokyo," Duncan says rubbing Brians shoulder and smiling. Marlene chokes on her cola. After a few moments of silence, Duncan speaks "we're getting married" He says "thank God!" Marlene said in relief "really? What?" Tyler said smiling "oh my God!"
"Amazing!" they all laugh and smile.

"I was gonna put 'were engaged' on a cookie cook, but then u thought that might be lame, so..." Duncan says. "Cheers" Tyler raises his cup "cheers!" they all yell clinking their cups together.

"No...." Marlene said walking up to the Theatre "what?" Gabe asks "I expected you to run about in a lobster costume, but you look... Amazing!" Marlene said "is that a compliment?" he asks "I think so? I intended it that way but I'm not very good with compliments so" Marlene says making them laugh "well, you look beautiful" he says pulling her into a hug.

"Yo! Let's get a cast and crew photo! Come on!" Logan shouts. Marlene and Gabe walk up to the others. " all right, guys. Beautiful! Beautiful!" Logan says "all right, guys, say Splattering!" Logan shouts "splattering!" They all say "great. Let's get one with the leads and the director" Logan says.
Marlene, Gabe and Scot all get together. Scot and Gabe both wrap their arms around Marlene.

An: start of season two😏 this is honestly so hard to write omg help😔🤚