06.

Chapter six
Marlene stopped writing as she heard a whisper, thinking it was her mind playing tricks on her she ignored it and went back to writing her 'shit' poems. The whispers got louder and more annoying so she stupidly decided to follow them.
"If I die by following this stupid whisper I swear I'm gonna kill myself" she mutters to herself as she walks down the stairs to the whispers.

"You hear that?" Marlene hears Tyler ask Kinsey "it's coming from the piano," Kinsey says as they walk over to it. "Okay. Hold on, we... We should think about this" Tyler says "it's the whispering, just like Bode said" Kinsey opens the piano. "You guys can hear it, too? What'd you find?" Bode asks his loud voice beaming "Okay, shh. Mums still asleep" Tyler says shushing Bode "let me see." Bode says taking the key "I think I've seen this before somewhere." He says "seen what?" Tyler asks "where it goes. Over here" He says dragging a chair across the floor.

"Bode, can you please shut up," Marlene says as the chair makes a screeching noise "Just... Stop" Tyler says running over and stopping the chair "we need to get that brown box up there, with the swirls. I saw it when we were unpacking" Bode says showing them a box high up on the bookshelf.

As they get the box off of the shelf Kinsey pigs the key in the keyhole "Abracadabra?" Kinsey says to the box "I think it's broken" Bode says "so, we can all hear them now. What does that mean?" Tyler asks "that means we can all be the protectors of the keys. Well, Lady can take them from us. I'm not alone anymore" Bode chuckles "you were never alone, little man," Tyler says smiling "We haven't seen her for, like, over two weeks," Kinsey says "you missing her?" Marlene jokes "no, of course not," Kinsey says.

"Alright, so, for safety's same, we should split up the keys," Tyler says "where are the other ones?" Kinsey asks "right here," Bode says taking off his necklace of keys "head key, mirror key and ghost key," He says counting them "Kinsey, you take this new music box one. Bode, you keep the... Ghost key. Marlene keep the mirror key and I'm gonna take the head key" Tyler says "always keep them with you."

"And by the way, before we use the keys, we're all talking about it first," Tyler says "oh no, now I can't trap any more people in mirrors. This sucks!" Marlene jokes "enough with the orders! We can manage ourselves" Kinsey scoffs "yeah, you're in great shape," Tyler says "just because I don't have fear doesn't make me irrational. So, shut your mouth, Tyler" Kinsey argues "besides, it's not like you're so above using the keys. Didn't you use the head key to try and get with Jackie? Hmm? Didn't you?" Kinsey raises her voice

"All right, very funny," Kinsey says as Tyler pretends he can't talk. "Tyler... Slap yourself in the face" Kinsey says. Tyler slaps himself in the face just as Kinsey told him to "Holy shit!" Kinsey laughs "bloody hell!" Marlene says laughing "how'd you do that?" Bode asks "I think it's the music box. Tyler open your mouth" Kinsey says as Tyler gasps for air. "Hold on, let me try this. Kinsey, do a backflip" Bode says but nothing happens "I'm the one who put the key in... So it only does what I say. Bode, pick your nose" Kinsey says "oh my God, oh no, no, no" He says but Tyler shuts the box just before he does.

"These aren't toys. They're weapons. So, until we need them, we're not gonna use them" Tyler says "buzzkill!" Marlene shouts "anywho, before you ruin my mood even more I'm leaving" She picks her key off the desk "we have to discuss this-" She cuts Tyler off "Night dad!" She jokingly shouts to him as she walks away.

"Kinsey! What are you doing?" Marlene says as she and Gabe were walking up the stairs "what... Wait, how... How did you just.." Gabe chuckles confusedly "poor boys short circuiting" Scot laughs "listen, Gabe, you didn't see what you think you just saw-" Kinsey is cutoff by Marlene "yeah fun fact, the box right there that's umm, fake magic tricks like a bunny In a hat or flowers out of an um... A wand?" Marlene stutters trying to make up excuses "what do you think you just saw?" Kinsey asks "i... I don't know. I mean I think I just saw you guys... Puppeteering Eden Hawkins" He stutters "that's pretty accurate, yeah," Kinsey says making Scot chuckle

"This is some sorry of prank, isn't it? It is! How you get Eden in on it?" He laughs "oh, no. There's no way she'd have been able to pull that off. She's definitely not that good of an actress" Scot says "it's real, but you can't tell anybody" Kinsey says "I mean, come on, you're telling me that you just talk into that thing and then she-" Gabe starts "does whatever I say" Kinsey finishes "you just have to put the key in and turn it" She says "okay fine, let me try" Gabe says taking the box. Marlene says down next to him waiting for Eden to be humiliated.

"Eden Hawkins, stand up.
Get on the table.
Make a snow angel.
Sit up.
Turn over.
Do the breaststroke."

They all laugh as Gabe says a bunch of things into the music box.

"Holy shit! It's actually happening. Oh my god" Gabe laughs. "Wait let's make her do something else"

"Here," Kinsey says taking the box from him, "I think that's enough now, though, right," Scot says "Scoty boy... Just go with the flow" Marlene laughs.

"Kinsey, pass it," Marlene says whilst Scot tries to convince them to stop. Marlene puts in the key and twists it

"Eden Hawkins,
   Kiss the floor." Marlene says smiling.

"Go on Marlene. Don't be shy" Gabe says looking at her.

After Marlene makes Eden do a bunch of shit they all leave the cafeteria.

"We've got a goddamn magic key!" Gabe shouts as they walk through the woods "Whoo!" Marlene's whoops as the two walk through the woods "I take it you have questions?" Marlene asks "lots," He says "ask away" She replies.

"Okay, serious question.
How did you find it?" He asks "Well, they whisper to me," She says
"Hmm, okay. Um... How does it exist? Like, how do you think it got made?" He asks "hmm... my ancestors liked to um... Hurt people? Have fun? Got bored?" she says "Hmm. Or, hear me out... You're a descendant of a coven of witches and warlocks" Gabe says making Marlene laugh "Oooo, I like that"

"You know, last I checked, that Eden video, had, like, 7,000 views. Oh, she deserved it" Gabe said laughing "watch her play it off with some stupid 'i was acting' trick," She said mimicking Edens's voice.

"So... Why'd you transfer to Matheson Academy?" Marlene asks "uh... I didn't. My parents moved me from my day school in Philly. They're getting divorced" He said clearing his throat "Oh shit, I'm sorry, that must suck, huh?" She says looking at him "it's whatever," he says "yeah, you know, my dads always travelling and... My mom thinks it's good for me to go to a boarding school, so... Translation: she gets to pretend that she's, like, 25 again" He says raising his eyebrows.

"For what it's worth, I'm really happy you're here" She smiles at him as they reach the front of the key house "that's worth a lot. Thanks, Marlene" He smiles back at her. As they stared at each other in silence they start to lean in, Marlene puts her hand on the back of Gabe's neck as he puts his on her lower back. As their lips nearly touch the door swings open revealing a pissed Tyler making them jump apart "we need to talk" Tyler says "your timing is just impeccable" Marlene says sarcastically looking at Gabe with a sorry face as she walks inside the house leaving him.

AN: hi pls like this. Okay bye.