12.

Chapter twelve
"Wheres Ellie?" Kinsey asked as they stood on the balcony "it's only been an hour" Tyler replies "she should've been here by now with the crown" Bode adds "She'll be here" Marlene tried to keep her voice steady "we just need to wait, and stay ready" Tyler continues to look ahead "what happens if Mum comes home?" Kinsey asks "this'll all be over by then" Tyler Looks to the side.

"Uh... Guys? Look!" Bode points at the road showing a Lady walking to them "It's like a bloody horror movie" Marlene says looking down at Dodge. "I hope you don't mind, I invited some friends" Dodge waits a few seconds before putting some sort of crown on her head "shit," Kinsey says as Dodge raises her arms making shadows emerge from the ground "just... A scare tactic. Shadows are just shadows" They all jump back as the shadows throw the car completely demolishing it.

"Get inside. Now!" Tyler says making the all run inside. "Help me barricade the door!" Kinsey yells. She and Tyler push a desk towards the door. "What do you see?" Kinsey asks "there's nothing out there," Ty says "I don't like this" Bode sighs "where did she go?" Kinsey asks "did you lock the side door?" Ty questions.

"Guys. Guys!" Kinsey shouts making the three run towards her. "Stop!" Tyler yells running towards the shadow as it pours out Rendell's ashes. Tyler's stopped by Dodge grabbing him and shoving him up against the wall. "Where is it?" Dodge's demonic voice asks. She disappears as the light turns on "are you okay?" They ask running down to him. "It's the lights. That's what stops them!" Bode shouts "Okay, turn on all the lights," Kinsey says standing up running to them all.

"The kitchen!" Tyler shouts as they get a crash. They walk in to see a bunch of shadows dumping their cutlery everywhere. Tyler turns on all the lights making them disappear "Mum's gonna kill us" Marlene says "rather Dodge than her" Marlene continues speaking. "They're looking for the Omega Key," Kinsey says "it's safe, they can't get to it," Bode says picking tape up "keep the lights on. As long as they're on, they can't touch us" Tyler says.

"What are you doing?" Kinsey asks as he tapes a key onto light sword "making a weapon with the Matchstick Key" He says. Bode runs out to the darkness "Come and get me, Shadow Monsters!" Bode yells. the shadow monsters appear above him. They all look around as the lights flicker off "uh-oh" Bode says. "Fuse box," Tyler says "it's in the basement" Kinsey goes through the drawer grabbing a torch "ill go turn the lights back on, you guys distract Dodge" Kinsey runs to the basement.

"Give me the key!" Dodge's demonic voice says "which key? The house key?" Marlene asks "the Omega Key!" Dodge yells making them all jump in fright "There are more flashlights upstairs, come on!" Tyler yells making the three run upstairs.

"Flashlights have to be in here somewhere. Where are they?" Tyler asks as he's quickly digging through boxes? "Where is the key" The demonic voice continues. "You're not gonna hurt us anymore!" Bode yells running at her with the Matchstick light sword. She growls and makes a bunch of weird noises as the sword goes through her. She breaks into a pile of nothing and falls off of the railing into the hard floor "holy shit!" Marlene laughs.

"Where did she go?" Bode asks as the lights turn on. "Guys! Come see this!" They sprint towards Kinsey's voice. "Did I kill her?" Bode asks "after I stabbed her, her shadow melted downstairs," Bode says. Kinsey leans down next to her trying to see if she's breathing "she's still breathing" Kinsey says "of course she fucking is" Marlene muttered to herself in disbelief. "Whatever you did, she's out cold," Ty says "wheres the crown?" Bode asks "I don't know, but first things first, is the Omega Key still safe?" Tyler asks. Bode runs over to the wardrobe unlocking it revealing the key "affirmative!" Bode shouts making them sigh in relief.

"What do we do with her now?" Tyler asks "we can't kill her," Kinsey says "why not? She's the reason why dads gone!" Bode runs towards them "I mean, we literally can't kill her" Kinsey says "can we torture her?" Marlene asks "No. Ellie said Echoes can't be killed by normal means" Kinsey says "maybe we can put her back in the good house" Tyler says "we'll need the Echo Key for that, but Ellie has it" Bode says

"what if we send her back where she came from?" Kinsey says "what are you talking about?" Tyler says "the black door! We use the Omega Key to open the black door and send her back" Kinsey says "the last time that door was opened, Dad's friend got possessed by a demon and he had to bludgeon him to death" Tyler says his voice raising "try not to get hit, whoever does is... Fair game" Marlene jokes. Bode nudges her "what happens if she wakes up? If you have any better ideas, I'm all ears" Kinsey shouts

"wait, so we're going to the sea caves?" Bode asks smiling "No, you're not, we are. You're staying herself" Tyler says making Bode frown "fine, but I'm gonna go check on Rufus. He and Ellie were supposed to come back with the crown. If Ellie's in trouble, he could be too" Bode walks closer to them "that's not a good idea" Kinsey takes the Omega key "well, I can't just stay here! Rufus is my friend, and I don't care what you guys say, I'm going" Bode says closing his sword "just don't do anything stupid" Tyler says "you either" Bode grabs his helmet.
"If we're going to carry her down to those caves... We're gonna need some help" Tyler says.

"Demon Disposal Service, you rang?" Scot says leaning against the wall "thanks for coming" Kinsey says "no problem" Gabe replies "we brought backup too" Gabe says "Scot told us you needed help" Jackie says appearing "yeah, and the FOMO was real" Eden appears.

"Wow, Eden, I... I did not expect this" Kinsey says as they walk inside "well, I was feeling a little bit generous after my brush with death. Plus, I don't know who this bitch is, but she's not about to leg some rando demons run through my town" Eden says "well put" Scot nods his head. "Yeah, we would've called the rest of the Savinis, but you know, they still have a little bit of 'Cave PTSD,' so..." Gabe says looking at the girls "it's okay, this is awesome" Kinsey smiles.

"So... Ready to get drag a demon down to some sketchy caves that could flood and kill us at any second?" Marlene asks "is anyone?" Gabe chuckles "see if we get out of this do you maybe wanna... Hang out?" Marlene asks hesitantly. Gabe gasps "are you asking me out on a... Date?" He says "no..." she looks at him for a couple of seconds "yes..." she says looking away "I would like nothing more" he smiles at her.

Scot clears his throat "Sorry, sorry. It was-- it was nice, like a really sweet moment, but I just feel like we have a demon to be dealing with, and... You know, so, uh, so where is she? He-- is-- I don't know what the pronouns is, demon non-binary. What are we doing?" Scot starts mumbling?

They all walk over to Dodge "not exactly what I picture when I think of 'formidable demon'" Gabe says "really? Pretty much what I was expecting" Scot says "honestly, in a way she's really good looking, I'm just glad we have her trying to kill us and not some ugly thing, you know?" Marlene says looking at them "yeah. where are the fangs? where are the horns? Where are the-" Scot cuts Gabe off "no, no, this is all-- this is all meant to lull you into a false sense of security. You know, the perfect bone structure and impeccable style--" Scot says as they argue over the looks.

"Guys, can we focus?" Kinsey says looking at them "where'd you put the flashlights?" Tyler asks "ill get them" Kinsey walks away. They all look at Eden as her Camera flashes "what?" She says "do not post that" Jackie gives her a weird look "fine," Eden says.

AN: YOU GUYS LITERALLY BLEW THIS UP ILY ALL SL SO MUCH THANK U FOR READING. SOREY I DONT UPDATE MUCH ON WEEKDAYS I JUST FIND IT REALLY HARD BECAUSE OF SCJOOL YKYK