10.

Chapter ten
"What are you guys doing?" Marlene asked as she and by de walked into Nina's room "nothing. We're just helping mum" Kinsey lied "yeah, she, um... She lost her phone, so... "What are we gonna do about Dodge? she took all our keys" Bode asks "Take all the keys back, run away to Paris" Marlene joked "you know what? Letting us handle it right now is helpful" Ty says "come on. Let's go downstairs. I'll make you chocolate chip pancakes, hmm?" Kinsey takes Bode downstairs.

"What's going on Ty?" Marlene asked as Tyler continued to search "Mum, she... She started drinking again" Tyler stopped what he was doing "but she seemed just fine when I last saw her," Marlene said "Well you know the cycle. Don't you?" He says "yeah..." Marlene drags out "well, want me to help whatever you're trying to find?" Marlene asked "sure" Ty replies.

As the doorbell goes Tyler and Marlene walk to the door. "Hey Marlene," Gabe says as she reaches the door "Oh, hey... Gabe" She says looking at him. They both hold up a bag of Phils and a bag of Bills "dueling chowders".

"So, I take it you're here for Kinsey?" Marlene asks as they arrive at the kitchen "No, actually. I'm here for you" He gives her an awkward smile which she returns. "Oh, my goodness! The cavalry has arrived" Nuna laughs "hi, I'm Nina" She shakes Jackie's hand "hi, I'm Jackie. It's so nice to meet you, I just wish it was another time, you know, different circumstances" Jackie says "people come into our lives exactly when they should. Or so they say" Nina chuckles.

"Hi, I'm Gabe" Gabe shakes Nina's hand "Hi, Gabe. So... Do I have you two to blame for the fact that u hardly ever see my kids?" Nina says "maybe...." Jackie says making Nina cackle. "I'm joking! I'm thrilled that you guys are forming relationships" Nina says "someone please kill me now" Marlene mutters loud enough for everyone to just hear "Oh. I'm not talking about romantic ones. I mean, my God, I.... I don't even pretend to know. But friendships, friendships... Are the... foundation that we stand on. I really believe that. I'll just say they're lucky to have you guys. Really! Especially given recent events" Nina says making everyone feel awkward

"Yeah, well, we like hanging out with them, too, so..." Gabe replies. The doorbell rings once again "mm! Don't be strangers, okay? This is as owe as well get to attending our own funerals" Nina sighs walking away. After a few moments of silence, Marlene grabs Gabe's hand "we're leaving now" Marlene starts to walk away up to her room.

"I'm sorry about her, she's a bit... Off right now" Marlene says sitting down on her bed "No, no. It's fine she's just very... Talkative" Gabe replies sitting next to her. "So... Why'd you come to see me?" Marlene asked, "well, who else would I have come to see?" He looks at her "Kinsey? You guys were pretty close the last time I saw you" Marlene said messing up some of her words "we were pretty close one time, too..." He says looking at her "if only Tyler didn't ruin it" Marlene chuckled "he's not here right now..." He said in a quiet tone

"yeah..." she says slowly leaning in her lips meeting his "I see why my sister kissed you" She joked making him laugh. They looked at each other before leaning back in.

"Where are you guys going?" Marlene asked as she saw her siblings about to leave the house "Sea caves" Tyler said "careful. Tides suck" She says walking away "do you wanna come?" Kinsey asked making Marlene turn around "uh, sure. Lemme get my shoes" She said going into the hallway and getting her converse and purring them on.

"What is that?" Tyler asks as Kinsey picks up some camera gear they had left "lighting stand" Kinsey said, "how much further?" Tyler asks but received no response "Kinsey?" he says "I make terrible, reckless decisions" Kinsey says "I'm aware. Can we keep going?" Tyler asks "I almost got the Savinis killed here. Because I was so obsessed with following those stupid whispers" Kinsey starts walking "I thought taking out my fear would make me feel better it just made me act without thinking. And being fearless didn't even make a difference when it counted" Kinsey said

"What are you talking about?" Tyler asks "with Sam. I should've grabbed his gun in the woods the second he dropped it. But I didn't just like back in Seattle, I should've grabbed that fire poker" Kinsey says "you didn't grab the poker because you were protecting Bode. I saw it in your head. And what happened with Sam when he dropped the gun?" Tyler asks "I ran" Kinsey looks down "yeah. You ran. With Bode. You kept him safe both times. You'll make it right with your friends. Come on" Tyler says making them all walk again.

"Whoa," Ty says as they reach the door "what do you think's behind it?" Tyler asks "Whatever Dodge is... Maybe worse" Marlene says "guys." Tyler says looking at something written on the walls. "'The keepers of the keys' What happened down here?" Kinsey asks

"Jeff,
Kim,
Mark,
Lucas,
Dad" Tyler reads

"They're all dead," Tyler says "now there's just two left. And we know Ellie won't be any help. I tried earlier" Kinsey says "and Erin?" Marlene asks "she's in a psych ward," Kinsey says making Tylee chuckle "seriously?" Tyler asks "Mum wrote the name of the hospital down. I saw it in her room" Kinsey said "do you remember that story Javi told us about a... About a woman who came to Key House and went insane? Turned into a vegetable? Thought he was just full of shit, but--" Kinsey cuts Tyler off "maybe not" she says her voice no louder than a whisper "I feel like a spy" Marlene says making everyone look at her.

"If that's... If that's what happened to Erin, do you think it would make sense for Dodge to wanna use that key on her?" Tyler asks "I feel it would make plenty" Marlene says "Erin was dads girlfriend. He might've told her where the key to the black door is. I think we should go see Erin. Try to warn her" Kinsey says "you guys go. I'll stay with mum." Tyler replies.

"Oh. Ms Erin's a popular one today" The lady at the front desk says "someone else has visited her?" Marlene asks "mmhmm. A beautiful young woman. Like yourselves" The lady says "I'm blushing" Marlene jokes.

"Ms Voss? Hi. We're Rendell's daughters, Kinsey" Kinsey then looks at Marlene "Marlene" She smiles looking at Erin. Kinsey walks over to a desk and takes off a picture of the group "Rendell. We're his daughters" she says pointing at him "you guys were really close once. That bracelet you're wearing in the picture, I have it now" Kinsey says "yes. Along with the magical key inside of it. Can we cut the chase?" Marlene asks looking at the photo "Ms Voss, we're worried that someone might try to get inside your head" Kinsey says "yeah. Take some top secret info" Marlene adds.

"I'm sorry. I'm so sorry u bothered you" Kinsey says putting down the photo "Dodge..." Erin tries to say "Dodge? What, is she here?" Kinsey asks. Erin nods her head to the photo making Kinsey pick it up and drag her finger along the people "Dodge" She tries to say "that's Lucas" Kinsey says "Dodge" Erin says again "dad's best friend" Kinsey says again but only receives another "Dodge"
"Are you saying he's Dodge?" Marlene asks "that would make so much sense," she says again. Erin slightly nods her head.

"What the hell!" Marlene says as Nina throws Rendell's ashes on the floor "mum. I'll take care of it" Tyler says. Nina walks away from them.

AN: THIS TOOK LIKE 3 HOURS RO WRITE LMAOO HELP BUT YEEAH I JUST WANNA GET SEASON ONE FINISHED SO I CAN WRITE SEASON TWO YK