07.

Chapter seven
"What is it, Ty?" Marlene asks "you and Kinsey is it, Marlene!" He says raising his voice at her "Calm down then" Marlene chuckles at him "This isn't a laughing matter! You used the key to embarrass someone!" Tyler shouts "She's lucky I just embarrassed her!" Marlene shouts back "are you hearing yourself? Did you take something out of your head too? Maybe decency?" Tyler yells "I didn't take anything out of my head, Ty. This is all me" She says throwing up her hands and pushing past him.

"~Hey Gabe, I'm sorry about what happened today-~ No I can't say that," Marlene says deleting the text then starting to rewrite "~hey Gabe, today was fun, we should hang out again sometime:)~ No, I'm definitely not sending that" Marlene groans throwing her phone halfway across the bed "no, no, I can do this ~Hey, do you wanna maybe hang out tomorrow?~" Marlene stares at the text then deletes it "why can't I just send it!" She groans

"We've been waiting for you..." Marlene says pulling the string on the lamp letting the room have some light "Jesus, what the fuck" Tyler says getting a fright "Kinsey, just give it a rest for tonight" Tyler says as Kinsey follows him "Tyler! look, I know things aren't great with us right now, but I really-" Tyler cuts Kinsey off "you told me to be done with you, so I'm done. I actually feel good for once, so please just stay out of my hair" Tyler says grabbing some orange juice "Those kids that drowned in the cave were Dads friends. His best friends" Kinsey says showing him the photo.

"Lucas, Jeff and Kim" Marlene overhears Kinsey and walks into the kitchen for the interesting part "They'd all just graduated. Dad never told us. Maybe things why he never wanted to come back here. Even if it meant abandoning the keys" Kinsey says to Tyler "

Marlene's head lifts as she hears the whispers "and we're back" Marlene says walking to them "seriously? You want to do this right now?" Tyler asks as Marlene and Kinsey follows them. Tyler pits down the picture and walks after them. "it's coming from outside" Kinsey says quicking her past.

"it's in here," Kinsey says as they walk into an unfamiliar place "perfect. This is going to be a fun key" Tyler says "Very spooky. Be careful a hand doesn't reach from one of the grabs and drag you down!" Marlene says to Tyler. "You know, we can just ignore it," Tyler says "ignore it? No, the mystery is cool!" Marlene replies to her brother "got ya" Marlene says picking up a vase and smashing it "unbelievable" Tyler says watching her smash it.

"It looks like a starfish," Kinsey says staring at the key "that's clearly a flower," Tyler says "I wonder where it, goes," Kinsey says "gee, maybe the glowing tree?" Tyler shines his torch at the tree "we need to see what it does" Kinsey says taking the key out of Marlene's hand "hey Marlene, mind if I see what this key does? Of course not Kinsey here you go" Marlene says talking to herself.

"Actually, we don't," Tyler says walking away "I want you with us. These keys, they're our legacy. And they're something that connects us with Dad. I think that means they're worth the risk. And like you said, the keys are weapons, too. If we're somehow gonna have to fight this well lady, wouldn't it be smart for us to know how they work?" Kinsey says making some type of speech "Ty... She's right, that feels so weird saying but yeah" Marlene but's in.

After a few seconds of staring at each other Kinsey walks over to the tree and puts the key in "uh... What are those?" Marlene asks as these flowing jars erupt from the ground. Kinsey picks one up and looks at it "that's dad flying. They're memories! Like in the candy boxes in my head, but they're in the paint jars" Kinsey says setting it down "whos memories would be in paint jars? " Tyler questions, "thats dad and his friend Lucas," Tyler says as they walk up to Kinsey looking at another memory.

"Hey, Duncan, what'd I say about snooping out, now," Memory Russell says "they're Duncan's memories," Kinsey says putting it down again "oh my God guys! You have to see this there's a key that can change the way you look!" Kinsey laughs then turns to look at them

"what you got there?" Marlene asks walking up to him "oh" Marlene says watching the memory "memories aren't perfect. They're very subjective they're often distorted" Kinsey says looking at them trying to defend their dad "does that... Look distorted to you?" Tyler asks "I can't believe this" Kinsey says "believe it Kinsey cause it's right fucking there!" Marlene shouts in shock "this isn't dad! He wouldn't even kill spiders in the house! He would never do something like this!" Kinsey yells "this is... This is why he didn't wanna come back here" Tyler says to them.

Okay, so a have a big problem. The climatic demise of Nephronpidae. The first cut came out a bit rubbish" Scot says "what, don't think we cracked the lobster?" Doug jokes "good one," Scot says "but it's not all bad news, however. I found another solution" Scot says "and by you you mean me" Marlene corrects him "We, sorry. None of this would've been possible without the brilliant Marlene Locke" Scot says putting his hand on Marlene's shoulder "I feel loved" Marlene jokes receiving a weird look from Gabe.

"I'm sorry, none of what, exactly?" Zadie questions "Oh, I've written a few extra scenes that really think will make this thing sing, and Marlene and I have already shot one," Scot says receiving more weird looks from everybody "and how's that? All the equipment in my van" Zadie asks "well, we... Marlene had a workaround" He says

"what is it?" Scot asks as Doug's phone goes "we lost the Matheson Docks" Doug says "as in they sunk?" Score asks "as in me. Peña, the owner won't let us film there" Doug shows them his phone "why not?" Zadie asks "he says he doesn't wanna deal with potential liability... Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah" Doug reads "see, there's a reason no one wants to shoot in Matheson. This town is so not ready for its big break" Doug speaker again

"Okay, it's fine. It's okay. We will find something else, all right? We have to, okay? This is the pivotal scene. This is our hero epic showdown with Nephropidae inside his lair, okay? Let's think on it and regroup tomorrow, all right?" Scot says

"So... What was going on in there?" Gabe asks "what do you mean?" Marlene questions "well, you and Scot seemed pretty close," Gabe said dragging out the last two words "someone sounds jealous," Marlene says in a singsong voice "no, no, just confused" He stumbled over his words "Scot is the last person I would go for don't worry yourself," Marlene says.

"Are we gonna talk about what happened?" Gabe asks "what? Oh, right, um... Could we later? I got to go and do my... Homework" Marlene makes up a lie and speed walks away throwing her bag over her shoulder.

AN: I had so much writer's block writing this and I still have it help omg.