16.

Chapter sixteen
"So, I can't believe Scot might be leaving, can you?" Gabe asks "Well, yeah I honestly can. He's like crazy talented and will definitely get somewhere in life, you know?" Marlene says smiling "yeah," Gabe says. "Either way, I think the movies gonna be fine. I mean, Scot's talented and all, but we have literal movie magic on our side" Gabe says making Marlene nod her head in agreement. "Thank you," Marlene says as the waiter gives them their waters.

"Hey, speaking of, do you ever think about, you know, how the keys were made. Where they come from?" Gabe asks "Not since we declared a witch made them," Marlene says making Gabe chuckle "but seriously, maybe you inherited some sense k how to do it?" Gabe asks "how to do what?" Marlene asks even though she knows what he's saying "how to make new keys" he says "if I did know, I would've made a key that makes me rule the world already" She jokes.

"Maybe Your dad mentioned something once, or..." Gabe asks "no, he never mentioned anything about the keys. We never knew he used them until Bode became a ghost and talked to Chamberlin. You don't actually think I could make new keys, do you?" Marlene asks "No, no, I was just curious. Your family have this special connection to magic. I just wanted to know more" Gabe says.

"Well, the magic talk is killing me why don't we talk about your family," Marlene says making Gabe scoff "my family, they have a special connection to being really boring," Gabe says. "Thanks" he thanks the waiter for bringing the pizza. "Are they coming to winterfest?" She asks "no. they're not really the ice sculpture, sled, and snow maze kind of people" Gabe says "but their still your parents" Marlene says her tone becoming more serious "not every family can be magic, Marls" He says shrugging his shoulder "yeah..." She says.

"anyway, i have a question" Gabe says his voice brightening up "go on..." Marlene says raising her eyebrows "will you-" Gabe starts "no, i can't marry you i'm just too young. i'm sorry" Marlene says looking at him with shock "no- i was gonna ask if you would like to be my official girlfriend" Gabe says chuckling "thank god, this would've been so awkward if not" she sighs "but yes, i would love to officially be your girlfriend" She smiles.

"You're so beautiful," Gabe says continuing to kiss Marlene, Marlene hums in response. "Hey, you feel like you know me, right?" Marlene asks "yeah, it 's Marlene, right?" Gabs asks making her smile "I'm serious. I mean, you've been inside my head, seen all of my memories" Marlene starts "I know, and I loved every second of it" Gabe says "but, ill never... Been inside your head" Marlene says fiddling the head key on her necklace

"wait- you wanna go inside my head? Uh... I, uh... I don't know, Marlene. That's kind of... It's probably a mess in there" Gabe says "don't you remember my head? All the books and paper thrown everywhere. So I don't care if yours is a mess. Whatever it is is part of you" Marlene says "yeah, okay, but uh... What if you see something embarrassing and you find like me anymore?" He says his voice reeking of nervousness "ill always like you. Plus I don't think that's gonna happen" Marlene says putting her hand in his thigh to comfort him.

"Okay. Look, it's nothing personal. I just don't think I'm ready for that yet" Gabe says "how could this not be personal?" she asks "because it's not about you" he says "Gabe, optimise I would never ever judge you-" Marlene starts "No! No! Just drop it" her shouts making her go quiet "okay, sorry" She says looking away from him "Marlene, look, I'm sorry. I just... I do want you to know me. Just ask me anything, and ill answer it. Anything, I swear" he starts. "I think you should go..." Marlene looks down. Gabe runs his fingers through his hair with a pissed look on his face and stands up and grabs his shoes.

"Hey!" Marlene turns around to see Scot walking towards her "hi" she says smiling "are you okay? You looked a little down today" he asks "yeah, just relationship problems" She says bluntly "been there" he chuckles "well, I hope your problems work out well" he smiles "me too, Scoty boy, me too" she laughs. "Hey guys," Gabe says walking up to them "hey, bud. What's up?" Scot asks awkwardly "I should get going. Uh, I'll catch u guys later. Preproduction starts this year weekend. Whoo!" Scot walks away awkwardly making Gabe chuckle.

Marlene walks away "hey, wait. Do you wanna hang out after school?" Gabe asks "I can't, made plans with Kinsey." she says bluntly.

"Hey, I got your text, are you okay?" Kinsey asks approaching them "jackies getting lost again" Tyler says "shit, i'm sorry" Kinsey says "in a couple months, it's gonna be me. what if soemthing really bad happens again? I... I won't be able to help you guys. it'll be just you guys and Bode and then, in a few years, it's just gonna be Bode. On his own" Tyler says "there has to be some way around this" Kinsey says "we aren't gonna let you forget" Marlene says laying her head on his shoulder.

A/N: updating two times in a row. who am i?