PROLOGUE

The light bulb flickers above an open box of pizza. You think it has been opened for some time now as a fly or two are feasting its glorious aroma, flying about from one dough to another. You swear you can see a rodent as it runs about the floor after retrieving a piece and to a hole somewhere you don't know.

You flinch in disgust.

You can't believe yourself to be in such place for the second time now. However, you have to show yourself or else you would be haunted and be harassed just for some cash.

You sigh as you look at the menacing face of the man behind the desk as he looks at the folder containing your dues. You don't understand why it has lots of paper within it. If you can remember, you just borrowed a few.

"You still have two million won to pay. Are you sure you want to add?" He says after clearing his throat. It's obvious how hard he is trying to appear professional in front of you. As if he is not one of those who inflict fear to any of their delinquent debtors.

'Half a million more?' You thought horrified. However, it is expected. You choose to borrow from them, knowing how absurd the interest is.

You want to nod. You are desperate for another cash. The hospital bill won't pay for itself anyway. You have started already. You will be a total idiot to cower now.  However, you can't help yourself to mumble a, "This is inhumane. Banks don't even give such ridiculous interest."

"Then go to the bank. Let's see if they'll let you borrow a single won." The man confidently comments. He is grinning more menacingly.

Your fist tightens. You really wish you have it in you to punch the shit out of his face. However, you just smile. Good thing he is not one of those sick perverts who ogles at you whenever they can.

You look beyond the windows as you look at the blaring billboard across the street. There you see the silhouettes of the seven men who used to be your source of happiness. Your glasses are not good to see that far but you know it was them. After all, they are plastered all around the city.

You sigh. 'Good for those men. I wish I still have all the dreams in me, same as before.'

"Don't waste my time here. Are you going to lend again or not?" The man snaps you from your musing.

This is no time for daydreaming. You are no longer the naïve college student who lived with the comfort of dreams and its promise of endless possibilities.

You sigh as you look at the man.

You nod with a small fake smile.

If only you have any other way to save yourself from your fated doom.