fifteen

selyse moretti

I pulled the warm clothes from the dryer, taking in the scent of Jack's clothing. Stuffing them into the laundry basket, I carried it to the bedroom. The sheets on the bed were freshly cleaned and the bed was nicely made. These chores were normally left to the housekeepers. But I sent them home early morning. I didn't have plans and needed something to keep me occupied. So I cleaned our entire bedroom and bathroom and decided I would be kind by doing Jack's laundry

Jack said when he got home from work, he would be taking me out. I stayed home the entire day in anticipation of him getting back. I'm sure Kent and Davies could feel my excitement radiating off me. When I heard the garage open, I ran to the door leading to garage and threw it open. Jack was just finishing a phone call and getting out of his car.

"Look at you waiting for me," Jack picked me off my feet to kiss my lips. On days where I had nothing planned, the highlight of my day is always waiting for Jack to get home. He kissed along my face with a hum of satisfaction. "I thought I would find you ready," he shut the door then walked up the stairs to our bedroom. The moment Jack entered the house, I heard Kent and Davies leave.

"I know but I didn't know what to wear," I said when he set me down in my closet. All the outfits I had planned were displayed on the island in my closet. "I could go with the classic little black dress because you can never go wrong with that. Or a simple skirt, top and oversized blazer if we want to play it safe. But then there's the pizazz green dress that can be somewhat bold depending on where we're going, but I feel is a statement piece," I shared my genuine concerns while he stayed at the door, looking at me like I was crazy. It was a fashion crisis that he didn't seem interested in.

"Selyse, you could show up in lingerie and you'd still look fine. Just pick something," he left the closet.

"Is that an option?"

"I would have to rip everyone's eyeballs out, but I'm not opposed," he answered. "Ten minutes, then we leave, principessa," his voice faded away. I had expressed to Jack how I enjoyed hearing him speak Italian and now he was making it a routine. Every time he says something I feel heat form between my legs.

My makeup was already done, so settling on an outfit was the last step. I decided on the green dress after process of elimination. It was a little short and tighter than my other two options, but it was my favourite.

When I got downstairs, Jack was waiting for me in the foyer. He took my hand, helping me down the last few steps. Leading us out the house, we went to the garage where there was a range of cars at his disposal. He chose the red ferrari and opened my door for me to get inside.

Most of our drive was spent with me telling him about my day which consisted of nothing important. It took me longer than it should've because the hand he rested on my thigh acted as a distraction.

"Where are we going?" I asked when we pulled into an empty alley.

"Casino that I own," he got out of the car to come open my door. Stepping out, I held his arm while he banged on the back door to the building. The alley was dark and now more than ever was I happy that Jack walks around armed. "Someone has been stealing from me and you're going to see first hand what happens to thieves and people who disrespect me," he whispered in my ear then kissed my cheek. My heart stopped. I wasn't stupid and knew that was a slight jab at me.

The back door opened and a guy with an eyepatch was the one behind it. His one eye left Jack and went to me. "Moretti," he nodded at him then moved out of the way to let us in. We turned and walked down a hall before being introduced to a huge open space.

"You own this?" I asked him in shock. It was extravagant. One of the most beautiful casinos that I've ever seen.

"This and many more," he squeezed my waist. "It's yours too. Being my wife comes with its perks. What's mine is yours." Several tables and gambling machines. Off to the side was a bar where I spotted Hailey and Chloe. As soon as they saw me they rushed over.