|| Zayn Malik ||

Zain "Zayn" Javadd Malik was born on January 12, 1993, 22 years old from Bradford, West Yorkshire, England. His father, Yaser Malik is British Pakistani. His mother, Tricia Malik is a white English woman of Irish and English descent. He has one older sister, Doniya, and two younger sisters, Walihya and Safaa.

Early Life:

He grew up in East Bowling, located south of the Bradford city centre. He attended Lower Fields Primary School and Tong High School in Bradford. As a teenager, he took performing arts courses and appeared in school productions. He did not fit in at his two first schools due to his mixed heritage. He has stated that he started taking pride in his appearance after moving schools at age of twelve.

Career:

He's a singer and songwriter. In 2010, Zayn auditioned as solo artist for the British television series X Factor UK. After being eliminated as solo artist, he was brought back to the competition along with other four solo artists (Harry Styles, Niall Horan, Liam Payne, and Louis Tomlinson) to form One Direction who was mentored by Simon Cowell and won the third place. He announced that he was leaving the band on March 25, 2015 to have "a normal and private life off the spotlight".

Solo Career:

In March 2015, Zayn was spotted in London recording studio with rapper, Naughty Boy. Following his departure from One Direction, Zayn has a potential of a solo career. There is an upcoming solo studio album of him under Syco label in 2016. On March 31 2015, Naughty Boy released an early demo of the song "I Won't Mind" featuring Zayn Malik on Soundcloud.

Artistry and Image:

He cities urban music as his main musical influence, growing up, he was into R&B and rap. He as well other members of One Direction further notes artists such as Bruno Mars, as a dream collaborator.

Personal Life:

He previously dated fellow X Factor contestant Rebecca Ferguson, which caused controversy about six year age difference. The relationship ended after four months together. Following his breakup with Rebecca, he began dating Perrie Edwards of Little Mix as he is currently engaged to her.

Zayn supports Manchester United. He also supports Pakistan's national cricket team and once tweeted when Pakistan lost Cricket World Cup 2011 semi-finals.

Zayn is a heavy cigarette smoker; in late 2011, he expressed his desire to quit.

Zayn is Muslim, and once affirmed that by tweeting "La ila ha ill lalla ho muhammed door rasoalah" (declaration of faith, meaning "There is no God but Allah and Muhammed is the Messenger of Allah"). In June 2012, his approach to Islam was criticized by blogger Debbir Schlussel, who accused him of advertising Islam to young fans; at the same time, he was criticized on Twitter by conservative Muslims for not taking his Islamic doctrine seriously enough. In July 2014, during the 2014 Israel-Gaza conflict, Zayn tweeted the message "#FreePalastine" to his 13 million Twiiter followers, reportedly provoking anger from One Direction fans in Israel.

Discography:

Albums:
2011- Up All Night
2012- Take Me Home
2013- Midnight Memories
2014- Four

Concert Tours:
2012: Up All Night
2013: Take Me Home
2014: Where We Are
2015: On The Road Again

Filmography:

2010:
X Factor Series 7: Himself/Contestant
2011:
Up All Night (The Live Tour): Himself
2012:
iCarly Series 6, Episode 2: Himself
Saturday Night Live Series 37, Episode 18: Himself
Take Me Home (The Live Tour): Himself
2013:
One Direction: This Is Us: Himself
Saturday Night Live Series 39, Episode 8: Himself
Where We Are - The Concert Film: Himself
2014:
Saturday Night Live Season 40, Episode 10: Himself
One Direction: The TV Special: Himself