🌓 Ep.3: Head Hunters 🌓

Start from the beginning

He then let out a sigh, kneeling down in front of the goo. "How do you fix a wax figure..?"

"Cheer up, Grunkle Stan!" Mabel ran over. "Where's that smile~?"

"Meh."

And poked his face. "Beep, bap, boop!"

"Ow."

"Don't worry, Grunkle Stan, I'll make you a new wax figure from all this old wax!"

"You really think you can make one of this puppies?"

"Grunkle Stan, I'm an arts'n'crafts master. Why do you think I always have this glue gun stuck to my arm?" She shook her arm, trying to remove the glue gun.

Stan simply smiled. "I like your gumption, kid!"

"I don't know what that word means, but thank you!"

Later that day, (y/n) and I were walking back to the gift shop after getting some sodas. As we did, Mabel suddenly stood in our way, a bright smile on her face as she held up a sketch pad.

"Hey guys! What do you think of my wax figure idea? She's part fairy princess and part horse fairy princess!"

(y/n) instantly cringed. "That is..... was that your first idea....?"

"Well actually my first idea was to make a sculpture of you, hot stuff~" She giggled.

I could see (y/n)'s expression go from mild cringe to pure discomfort. "Go with the horse fairy. Please."

"Or, you could go for something else that's from real life."

Mabel quickly sketched something up. "Like a waffle, with big arms!!"

"Y'okay.... or you know, something else."

"Maybe someone in your family?" (y/n) offered.

That's when Stan walked in in his underwear, which I had hoped to never see. "Kids, have you seen my pants?"

However, Mabel smiled at that, then looked up. "Oh muse, you work in mysterious ways.."

"Why is your sister talking to the ceiling?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It had been days, and Mabel had finished her sculpture. Stan planned a whole ceremony for it, getting people to pay for tickets and all.

(y/n) and I were working at the ticket stand actually, and as I saw all the people that sat down in front of the stage, I spoke. "I can't believe this many people showed up!"

He shrugged, counting the money in his hands. "I bet Stan bribed them or something."

"He bribed me." I took out a dollar from my vest, and he took one out of his jacket while pressing a finger against his lips, both of us chuckling.

We then heard Stan clear his throat with the mic on, turning to see everything. "You all know me, folks. Town darling, Mr. Mystery. Please, ladies!! Control yourselves!!"

No women reacted.

"As you know, I always bring the people of this fair town novelties and befuddlement. The likes of which the world has never known. But enough about me. Behold..." He removed the blanket off the wax figure, revealing a replica of Stan. "Me!!"