Chapter 7: The End

" NYEHEHEH! FINALLY, THE GREAT PAPYRUS LOOKS LIKE AN AUTHENTIC ROYAL GUARD! Papyrus declared proudly. He held his hero stance with wind picking the end of his scarf up and down in a fluid motion as his new uniform shined an unnatural glow that made by passers squint their eyes and walk a faster pace down the plaza they were in. The glow casting a shadow over the figure hiding behind a tree.

Define "hiding" behind the thin and "bony" tree than his ulna with his back turned and his hoodie all the way up casting an even darker shadow to hide the frustration evident in his sockets. And maybe his overcooked egg-sized head.

" ... i hate this costume ... " he mumbled quietly but managed to reach upon the non-existent ears of his brother.

You could say his words fell on deaf ears (haha see what I did there? Yeah? No? Ok I'll stop)

" COME ON BROTHER! DON'T SAY THAT! YOU HAVE NEW AND COOL CLOTHES!" His brother cheered. " aren't we supposed to avoid people's attention?" Sans jabbed harshly than intended.

There were a few seconds that lasted like years before Frisk and Papyrus heard a faint grunt in the background.
" ... ugh ... fine" he groaned as he tugged at his hood to reveal his grape face and his new (anime costume) guard outfit.

The trio stood in silence  for a few seconds before hearing a faint giggle escape Frisks lips before bursting into a hysteria of laughter at the scenery. "Pfft!" He continued to bellow with chuckles, it almost seemed like he was about to run out of breath.

sans, with no lungs to wheeze whatsoever, stood in the absurdity of it all with his arms clasps at arms length to the brims of his new hoodie. He played with the long strings of it slowly between his phalanges, wishing he would be able to pull the hood back up and actually die. " ... what "he managed to spit out.

" You look like a giant X with feet ... that's ... X-traordinary!" Frisk "crossed" their arms over their stomach, wheezing another fit of giggles as Papyrus deadpanned at them both.

" YES CUZ USING AN X-TRA BIG SIZE" sans blurted out momentarily before throwing the hoodie over his head to hide the utter embarrassment at the realisation of his punny joke.

"Hahaha!

" wait, what did i just say? AGH, LEAVE ME ALONE!" He shouted as his face became grape again.

"HAHAHAHA BIG-BONED!" Papyrus laughed at that.

Frisk fell.

________________________________

" THESE CLOTHES WERE A NICE GIFT FROM THE KING AND QUEEN" Papyrus happily. He strode jubilantly with his companions through the bustling street of monsters and humans.

" they should have given us a vacation instead of ... THIS" sans gestured to his new uniforms as he grumbled. "SANS!" Papyrus scolded. " ... HMM YOU'RE RIGHT, THOUGH" he thought fleetingly.

"Hey sans, look!" Frisk piped in. "Can we buy some flowers for Asriel and
Y/n? Please, please, please!" He pleaded repeatedly at sans, his eyes showing the glistening highlights in his eyes. " uh ... sure,kiddo"

While the trio were looking at the flower stand, a figure in armour hunkered down forcibly above one of the numerous house roofs as if trying to cement their feet permanently before bounding into the sky and plummeting into the concrete below.

With no further delay did this unknown figure wrench Frisk from sans' grasp and cup their tiny figure in their strong grip. They tracked and furthered rapidly and hastily away from the guards, rounding every possible route in a sporadic behaviour before it became a recognisable pattern.
Carrying their legs under the heavy weight their armour gave off, the imprint left visible track marks behind them. The tiny flecks flying from impact.