Chapter 3: The Creator Lied To Us

Time skip y/n POV:

From then on, you continued to see XGaster with Papyrus. Although, you sometimes refused to go with him, lying that you had other businesses to take care of. Not like you had any. You had trouble getting used to the surroundings of monsters and humans. Almost thinking that this was all just a lucid dream and you would eventually wake up, yet you don't remember falling asleep. It was either you were in the ink puddle, or you this was all real and you were really stuck here. The first thought made you shudder. Keeping a straight face during this charade was almost indisputable, normally you only had the energy to eat and sleep due to Joey's workload but because you couldn't talk you had to put much more effort into your communication and posture. It was exhausting. You didn't even have a house! If this WAS lucid dreaming, surely your dumb head could think of at least somewhere to live. Was your brain really that lazy? You pouted somewhat at the prospect that you would have to go house hunting and get your living arrangements sorted. But are you really considering staying here? You didn't belong here but you didn't want to go back to that horror of a studio. Bendy was most likely gone for good, Henry abandoned you and Joey, Jack and Tom probably got turned and Joey was a madman in hiding. It wouldn't be safe there, but where would you go here? You didn't belong anywhere. You lowered you head as if in defeat with this inner conflict with yourself, the negativity prevailing the positivity that was quickly diminishing in an instance before resurfacing again.

Maybe the forest would be nice? The amount of inhabitants here was overwhelming anyway. To add, there was this aura around these people that made you uncomfortable, sick even, other than the occasional glances from some monsters because of your appearance. You sat in the town square on the fountain ledge with a slice of pie made by Papyrus, pondering to yourself in deep thought. It was the same place where that goat family was being congratulated at. You guessed it was a ceremony of some sort, Papyrus filled you in with great delight, adding the fact he was part of the royal guard protecting them. You felt bad for sometimes abandoning Papyrus on his runs to meet XGaster, not wanting to meet him in your personal opinion. His posture and demeanour was just asking to send red flags your way because every time you went there, he'd be staring at you. His face was unreadable and that's what aggravated you the most. But it's not like you wanted his approval of you anyway, not liking him from the start for some reason. You let out heavy sigh, shoulders drooping to your sides and listening to the sounds reverberating from your chest as you breathed.

After a few seconds, you almost forcibly flung your body forward and trudged through the street into the forest. Autumn time was the best season to enjoy in your opinion, the leaves turning to different shades of orange and occasionally falling gracefully onto the earths crust or dancing in sync with the cool breeze that whipped your face. Sure, the trees would become the many pitchforks in the forest view, but that was in winter and was your simple logic to put it as. Looking around with your audio log in hand, you suddenly felt a presence behind you. Their aura sending waves of deja vu your way and you stopped abruptly.

"Who is there?"

Nothing.

"Alright, I'm sick of no one answering me when someone's creeping up behind me all mysterious, now y'all are just being rude"

You turned around to meet a familiar face, the boy from the ceremony. He looked tired. And annoyed. This is why you don't like confrontation. You looked at the pie in your left hand and back at the boy and back to the pie again.

"Do you ... want the pie?"

You extended your arms to him, pie in hand in hopes of ending the awkward silence. He furrowed his eyebrows in exasperation.

"A-are you okay kid? You seem a bit dazed there ..."

"You shouldn't be here. You know what's going on, don't you?"