My AU/Y/N EXPLANATION

My AU Explanation:

Y/n's world was so deprived of magic and the studio was the only hotspot known for it. The lack of magic was tiring for y/n and she had trouble keeping her ink body together because of that. The corrupted magic wasn't helping either for her soul and gave off a negative aura and almost lose her mind like Alice. And before you go theorising in your mind that this could link to nightmares negativity, it doesn't.

In the last chapter, y/n described the aura from the monsters and humans sickening and tiring. This wouldn't be the positive aura they gave off which would affect corrupted nightmare now. Making this story, I made sure that I wasn't creating a spin-off of nightmare like another nightmare au. Back to the previous bit, y/n felt sick and tired from the magic aura they gave off, since y/n lacked it in her previous universe and it felt overwhelming to feel this amount of magic in her soul. And you might be wondering, "I thought dream and nightmare were the only ones who could feel auras", well I took advantage of "underverse 0.5" where Toriel and Asgore could feel the corrupt magic from the XTale gang. So I'm hypothesising that monsters can sense each other's magic aura from their soul and in Sans' case, he can use his bones as a checkpoint when he wants to teleport to a specific point because it radiates off magic. I got this from the undertale comic "the seventh soul". And I'm thinking right now that what I've been talking about has been probably useless and it's already clear but I just wanted to geek out and the fact I love theory videos.

In my AU, humans can only summon each other's SOULS through physical conflict whereas monsters like Sans can just easily summon souls with ease. When y/n grabbed XFrisks scarf, it initiated a fight in pure darkness with the panels we all know. This also happened in the beginning of Underverse when Original Frisk was checking Sans' soul. This also triggering
Y/n to flashbacks of when she was in the ink void. I know people don't get over trauma by night, the amount of suffering
y/n had to endure could potentially scar her mentally. But I'm not making a angsty series of Underverse, she'll pull through by the sheer power of determination but I'm not going to make her act like nothing happened. That's not how it works.

Mentioning now, y/n's abilities I want to go into detail. There are some tricks y/n can pull with her ink usage that other ink monsters can't do, even Bendy or potentially Audrey if I want to make her canon in this series or not.

Abilities:

- Ink manipulation
- Teleportation
- Ink co-existence

Ink Manipulation:

She can create, shape and manipulate ink, including moving ink but of course that last statement would render useless in this scenario if needing ink separated from her body. By using her own ink, she could turn her hands into makeshift blades or any weaponry.

- Hand blasts
- Ink beam emission
- Scatter shot
- Ink pillar projection
- Ink bolt projection
- Ink ball projection.

https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Ink_Attacks

Limits:

- Fragments may be weaker than the initial blast.
- Targeting multiple attacks to multiple targets may be harder than single one.
- Users will be exhausted when too much energy is used.
- Users need control to avoid unnecessary destruction.
- Distance, mass, precision, etc. depend upon of the knowledge, skill, and strength of the user.

Teleportation:

The ability to use ink to travel. Y/n can consume herself with ink and dissipate into thin air and resurface again in a different spot. This is almost immediate due to the fact she would be in the ink void again whilst teleporting and get pushed back out again because of her soul. And since she would be in the ink void, she would be hearing the voices of the lost souls whilst travelling so she doesn't use it this ability often and would only use it when absolutely necessary.

________________________________

My Au:

Also explaining how y/n ended up in X-Tale. Humans dragged down in the ink puddles or getting drenched by it would immediately turn to either a toon or ink monster. When ink monsters return to the ink puddles, their bodies fuse with the void until they sense another human soul again so they can have their somewhat corporeal form back to resurface and in desperate attempt to get out.

With y/n's case, her soul was half human and ink monster. Her ink half would glide through the void like a slide instead of fusing. Her human half would help contain her form until a new rift opened up. That being the rift ink sans opened up when he was visiting XGaster in the 9th timeline. He just so happened to have made that rift up until she ended up in the void and it pulled her through whilst the ink void didn't accept her, immediately pushing her out. Arriving in XTale, she woke up beneath ink sans' ink portal he used to teleport to meet XGaster, the field of flowers. If ink hadn't made that portal, by now y/n would've ended up like the rest of the ink monsters and her human half would be consumed by the rest of her ink soul. (Which btw would be an awesome alternate timeline).

And the reason for y/n having these special ink abilities reminded me the method of baptism. The process of immersing in water either partially or completely, representing rebirth and signifies the end of the old life and the start of the new life. This religious imagery gives reference to BATIM and I wanted to find some reason to how she has these abilities like no other. I literally have no other alternative that I can think of without ripping my brains out from thinking too much.

Making y/n unable to speak was mostly because my social interaction is very low and I don't know how to properly form a conversation without making it look cringe or bland. Less, because we as an audience or as reader can't physically communicate with the characters so I added that bit on there.

The reason monsters like XSans and XPapyrus hasn't asked about y/n's "species of monsters" is mainly because I don't see Sans as a open person and the fact XFrisk might've added a few details to XPapyrus' character in the 9th timeline to XGaster's liking where he just won't question it. Example, in previous timelines, I don't see XGaster and XPapyrus forming any close bond whether it being familial love, friends or just associates. But in this timeline, in my opinion, XPapyrus is seen to have a slight character development to the original Papyrus which I interpret started the small bond between XGaster and him. Back to my point, XGaster in my au doesn't ask either about y/n and just rolls with it, ultimately thinking she could be a glitch in the universe or that he can't do anything about it like erasing her since he doesn't have the overwrite button anymore.