"That's perfect. I'm influential." I smiled ready to pack up and leave.

"Yeah, but are you more than Bradberry?" He said.

The moment he said that, it made me sick to my stomach. I could swear all the happiness in the world was sucked right out of me.

He leaned over the table playing with his milkshake straw.

"Bradberry has been on the top of her game ever since she joined the club. She knows the most people, she has a whole group of people loyal to her, she even dates the most popular guys in the school." He tapped his finger on the table. "She sees something she wants and she grabs it."

"Are you saying there's no way to beat her?" I asked angrily.

Luca pressed his lips tight. "There is one thing she hasn't done yet."

I slammed my hands on the table. "Perfect. Tell me what it is. I bet I can get it before her."

He glanced at Shay and then back at me. "The new guy."

"Huh?" I was just confused.

"She can't get the new guy." He repeated.

"You have to elaborate more than that Luca."

Shay seemed to know something about this. "I heard there was a new transfer but I didn't have the time to really properly hear anything about it. With school, work and home.. My head has been a mess."

"You have problems at home?" Luca asked worried.

Shay seemed a bit put on the spot.

"Back to business.." I tapped the table to get his attention back. "Continue please with the important topic. The transfer guy."

"There is a new transfer guy." Luca explained. " Got here a few days ago. He's already popular because back at his previous school he earned himself quite the reputation. I don't know the details, but people talk to people and he instantly got respect. The talk is Bradberry is trying to get him from day one, but has been unsuccessful so far. People get excited over everything Bradberry succeeds at. She doesn't back off a challenge even if it's someone. If she manages to get that guy on her side, her popularity will only get stronger."

"God, highschool is so stupid. Why does it have to be getting a guy instead of winning a competition or something?" Shay sighed.

"Okay i got it." I leaned back into the couch. ""I'll do it. I'll seduce the new guy."

Shay's look of disbelief almost killed me. "That's absurd."

"Why?" I asked.

"You said you never dated and won't date." She answered.

"I'll make an exception," I said.

"How the hell are you going to pull it off?" She asked, shaking her head. "You've never seduced anyone before."

I sighed. "I rose from the ashes, Shay. I came back from death and transformed into a phoenix."

"You only left middle school and got a new hairstyle." She said.

I put my hand over my chest. "I worked my way up the social ladder. I am beloved by my people."

"Is your friend okay?" Luca asked Shay.

"I don't want to answer that." Shay sighed.

"Mark my words." I got up slamming my hands on the table. " I will get the new guy before Bradberry does and then I will be invincible. MUAHAHAHAHAH."

Luca glanced at Shay and she looked back at him. "It's her thing. You'll get used to it."

She focused back on me. "Your god complex it's showing in public, sweetie."