Comics

I flipped through the stack of comics in front of me, eyes fluttering over the names of the comic book heros (and villains) with amazement.

Every great once in awhile I'd pull out a comic or two and sit them in a pile on top of the box beside the one I was searching through. Mainly Harley Quinn or Batman, my favorites.

"Jeez, how many you got there?" Dean joked, poking my side causing me to wiggle.

"Only a few!" I joked back, trying to hold in my laughter.

"Yeah, a few hundred." He responded, breaking the barrier between calm-cool-and-collected AJ and burst-into-giggles-with-no-control AJ.

I glanced at the pile and noticed what he meant. I had approximately 50 in the stack, but I assured myself it would be fine. The comic book store was having a buy one get one free sale on top of their already $1 comics.

There's a reason I stop here whenever we are in in town.

That means for all of these, I'm paying about $25. Assuming I stop here, anyways.

"So, hows the leg feeling? How are they going to write you off television?" He asked, clearing his throat. He knows how upset I get about not being able to wrestle.

"It hurts. The brace is helping though. Luckily it wasn't actually torn completely so I won't have as much time off, but it sucks, you know?" I take a deep breath and exhale, "I'm going on Smackdown to cut a promo and something's going to happen yo make me injured to be out. We want to keep the storyline going."

He nodded in understandment, "You'll still come visit me right?" His face lit up with a goofy grin.

"Of course, but in the meantime I should probably check out before I max my credit card!" I picked up my stack and nodded toward the checkout desk.

Dean didn't let me get far (maybe two steps) before he eased the stack of comics out of my grasp, "No, no let me gimpy." He smirked and walked off ahead to the desk.

By the time I got wobbled over there they were already in a bag and he was holding the door open for me. I almost reached him when I felt my phone buzz.

Pausing to check it, I pulled my cellphone out and found a message from an unknown number.

From: Unknown Number

Come to Lola's cafe at 3 to meet your admirer. See you soon, beautiful.

The admirer.

I looked up at Dean with suprise.

Who could this be?

It can't be Dean, he's right here. He couldn't have sent the message without me noticing. Quite frankly, the man has a hard time working a cell phone in the first place.

I look at the time on the screen. 2:55 pm. I have 5 minutes.

I hobbled over out the door quickly, snagging the bag as I passed Dean.

"Thanks so much for the comics and coming with me. This is hard to explain, but I got to go. I'll explain later." I said, turning and calling over my shoulder to him as I managed to speed walk to my car.

Admirer, here I come.