Momma Is Home *mini*

I walk into the bland scent of stillness of my apartment. It has clearly been longer than expected since I've been here.

I sit my bags down beside the couch as I flop down with a heavy sigh.

It's good to be home.

I glance over at the stack of papers on the coffee table, knowing emediately it is the mail.

I have Mrs. Neibert from across the hall bring my mail in to my mail slot downstairs doesn't overflow. She can get in easily because she also happens to be the owner of the building.

I flip through quickly. Mostly junk mail and scams trying to get me to buy some "insurance deal", but something in the middle catches my eye.

There's a letter adressed to me in a pastel purple envelope with no return adress.

I carefully open up the back and slide out a creme colored folded up peice of paper. The paper looked pretty fresh so it couldn't have been sent that long ago.

I unfold the paper with ease trying not to damage anything. There has obviously been a lot of work put into this.

Down on the paper with a thick and elegant style was a poem. Possibly the most beautiful poem I had ever read. It was written by themselves.

They had typed up the poem with a typewriter and at the bottom states "to the beautiful April"

It's from my secret admirer, no doubt, but who is it? It doesn't make too much sense. Unless it's a joke, in which: ha. ha.