𝟐𝟒 | 𝐰𝐚𝐫 𝐢𝐬 𝐨𝐯𝐞𝐫.

Start from the beginning

Instantly, the battlefield below was washed in the glow of the light show happening above it. Each body bag had erupted into their own bright ball of crackling energy, transforming all those drugged people into giant drooling humanoid creatures of every shape and size in the blink of an eye.

It was raining pure Titans.

While some landed around the fort, most of them landed inside, crumbling every fixture they fell into. They got to their feet quickly, blank looks on their faces as they awaited their next order. Now it was your turn to clear your throat. You backed away from the exit to give yourself a running head start before you leaped from the airship and into open air. You sucked in a big breath, just as Zeke taught you, before yelling out to the top of your lungs..

"DESTROOOOOY!"

Like a switch had been flicked on in their empty heads, every pure Titan on the ground began to go crazy with rage, smashing their balled fists down on everything around them. They grabbed at any unlucky bystanders, shoving people whole into their greedy mouths before they went to find more.

But their attack was short lived, because barely a minute later, the cannons propped around the walls were blowing clean holes through the Titans' chests. They were being blown to bits.

"They still have anti-Titan cannons left?" you announced the obvious, more so to get an opinion from your partner. You and Reiner floated down to land beside each other in your own respective parachutes, watching the demolition go down from above.

"We dropped the Titans from a big height." Reiner explained in a yell, "Half of them died on impact. And I'm sure the other half just died from those cannons."

You were already counting up the cannons you could see in your head, "I see 29." you yelled back.

"Noted. You take that side?" Reiner nodded his head to one side of the nearly crumbled fortress.

"Got it." you agreed. You both gave each other a single head nod of acknowledgment before going your separate ways.

It would've been 'see you on the other side' or 'good luck', but past experiences ruined those phrases for the both of you. Now you could only hope you'd live to see the end of a battle.

You would've thought there was an extra sun in the sky the way you and Reiner both lit up into glowing balls of energy, his gold and yours white. It wasn't long before the signature lightning strikes touched down, manifesting the Spiked and Armored Titans from thin air. You both slammed down on the sides of Fort Slava like hammers to a rusty nail.

"It's the Armored and Spiked Titans!" the Allied Forces wailed out, "Hurry up and shoot them!"

You and Reiner were the duo the world never expected, but feared when it came to be. While you came to be known as the spear to Reiner's shield, you were also the devil who could wreck a whole army entirely by themselves.

The Allied Forces scrambled to get back to their weaponry, but you and Reiner were already two steps ahead. Reiner snatched up a metal communications tower before essentially using it as a makeshift bat. He swung the tower through the top of the wall, leaving behind a trail of broken cannons and destroyed brick in his wake. And you worked on your own half, launching large hardened spikes at all angles. They shot out at an uncontrollable speed, exploding cannons on impact and piercing through the bodies of your enemies.