Epilogue

4 Years Later

Alice looked into the mirror in her hallway, her nervous reflection staring back at her. She had woken up earlier than usual this morning to get herself ready, making sure she felt her best, had everything packed and was in no rush. Fred brushed against her leg, willing her not to leave and begging for more food. She picked him up and cuddled him close. The warm September sun projected itself through the coloured glass of the front door creating a beautiful rainbow on the wooden floor.

'Wish me luck today Fred boy,' she whispered to him and he licked her nose, Alice giggled.

'He cleans his arse with that tongue you know,' she heard a deep voice from the bottom of the stairs. She turned around to see Harry standing with his arms folded, leaning on the banister and smiling at them both as he usually did.

'Harry!' Alice laughed - popping Fred down as Harry began to walk towards her. He was wearing a beautiful silk shirt that showed off his tattoos, just the way she liked. His hair was longer than it had ever been since they had been together, just above his shoulders, curls dancing around his ears. He resembled a Prince - her very own Prince Charming, getting more and more handsome every day.

'You still look beautiful though,' he said to her. His hands reached out to her waist and pulled her in towards him, she loved when he did that.

'And you're more handsome than ever,' Alice said as she relaxed into his arms, 'You smell lush, is that new?'

'New scent for a new term,' he smiled down at her, 'You bought it for me silly,' and he gave her a gentle kiss before he let her go and sat down on the bottom step to pull on one of his many pairs of stylish boots that lined their hallway. Fred hopped up next to him and sat cleaning his fiery red paws.

'Oh yeah,' she said, crossing her arms and watching Harry as he gave Fred a tickle under his chin.

'You excited about today?' he then asked, looking up at her as he continued to fiddle with his boots, his green eyes sparkling in the early morning sunlight.

'Yeah - nervous though,' Alice mumbled, her nerves suddenly hitting her again as she looked down at her feet. Harry stood up and reached out to place a hand on her shoulders, willing her to look up at him.

'You my love, are going to be amazing,' he said, his firm but friendly voice giving her an instant boost of confidence. Harry always knew just how to help her, he knew her so well.

'You really think so?' she smiled shyly back at him.

'I do. You are going to be the loveliest teacher the school has ever had Alice,' he stated, beaming at her and kissing her cheek. 'I'm so proud of you.'.

'Thank you,' Alice said as she went to reach for her coat on the banister. Before she could, Harry had reached around her and grabbed it - holding it out like he usually would when he helped the kids at school into theirs. She giggled and gladly accepted his offer.

Turning around after popping on her coat she took Harry's hands in hers before he could move away. 'I mean it, thank you for helping me do this,' she said sincerely.

'Your going to be great Alice - believe in yourself,' he said before pointing down at his boots, 'and look, my lucky boots - wore these the day we met so only good things can happen today,' he looked at her with his huge cheshire cat grin, dimples popping, perfect teeth and sparkling eyes.

'I love you more and more every day Harry Styles,'.

*

'Morning mate,' Harry said as he walked into the staff room. Niall was standing over the coffee machine trying to get it to work and becoming more frustrated by the second, mumbling swears under his breath in his thick Irish accent. Harry had left Alice downstairs to get herself ready, letting her have a quiet breather before a full on day but knowing she would appreciate the coffee that he would bring down to her.

Harry loved the start of a new term, and he had a feeling this was going to be the best one yet.

'Morning, how does this stupid thing work?' Niall said frustratedly. Throwing his bag down onto one of the chairs, Harry wandered over to help Niall with the machine - one click and it was away. Niall looked at him under a furrowed brow.

'Show off,' he said, hiding a smirk, 'I'll blame it on the nerves,'.

'You'll be great mate, the PE has been shit here for years, they need you,'. Niall had been taken on board by the school as head of PE after fancying a change from coaching at the high school. Harry had talked him up greatly to Mrs Riley when they found out the last PE disaster was finally retiring.

'Yeah - I know I'll be great, what was I thinking.' Niall then said confidently, which made Harry laugh.

'How's Hayley doing?' Harry then asked as he leaned against the counter, folding his arms as he enjoyed the smell of the brewing coffee.

'Still feeling pretty rough, the sickness is passing though, hopefully it will stop soon,'.

'Can't believe you're gonna be a dad,' Harry smiled, so happy for his two best friends. Thank goodness Harry had moved here and met Alice, it had led to Hayley and Niall being together as well and the four of them having an inseparable bond. Life had a funny way of taking you to where you need to be, but thank goodness it did.

'I know, better be nothing like either of us - I can't cope with that,' Niall chuckled, and Harry did too. They were the most hyperactive couple Harry had ever met, a mini them would be climbing the curtains by three months old. Harry reached over and took the now freshly brewed coffee and began pouring it into three waiting mugs.

'Alice okay? Ready for her first proper term?' Niall asked as he poured milk into each of the mugs and gave them a quick stir.

'She's more than ready,' Harry smiled, 'She's going to be amazing.'

*

The children filed into the classroom, excitedly talking with one another about their summers and hugging the friends they had been missing. Alice watched them all from where she stood, finishing writing her name up on the board and smiling to herself as she thought of her wonderful summer too - memories that would last for a lifetime.

'You cut your hair,' she heard a voice say from next to her. Turning around she noticed it was little Bruce - although, he was now much taller and grown up than the last time he had been in a class with Alice.

'Hello you,' Alice replied, 'I did, does it look okay?'

'Looks great! I'm glad you're my teacher this year,' he replied with the biggest smile Alice had ever seen before he waltzed across the classroom with his pencil case in hand. He was such a great kid - she was so relieved she had him in her class.

Once all the children found their seats and the excited buzz had finally calmed, the class sat quietly gazing up at her - some familiar faces and some new. Alice took a deep breath before she popped the pen she was fiddling with down on her organized desk.

'Always be you Alice' - Her mum's words echoed in her ears, she could do this.

'Good morning you lot,' Alice said as she walked over to the board. She looked out at the little class before her - her class.

'Incase you don't know me, I'm Mrs. Styles,' she smiled, clasping her hands behind her back, already feeling at home. Saying Mrs Styles still made her heart skip a beat.

'and I'll be your teacher this year,'.

The End