Your So Lovely

As the weekend came to an end, Alice had the serious Sunday evening blues. She loved work at the moment and always looked forward to working with Harry and the kids - but she was feeling rather drained from the weekend she had just had, and the thought of setting a seven am alarm was the last thing she wanted to do.

Yesterday she had gone round to her dad's house to sort through some of her mum's belongings. She had been putting it off for far too long now and had felt a burst of confidence yesterday morning that had encouraged her to just do it. Her heart hurt when she thought about getting rid of her mum's things, but Alice knew it had to be done - she couldn't bring herself to do it before now.

However, on arrival at her family home, her dad had rather bluntly broken the news to her that the woman he had been seeing was now living with him. He was unable to hide it from her anymore when she had noticed that one of the spare rooms was furnished with a bunk bed and toys scattered across the floor belonging to her children - who had apparently moved in too.

Alice was alright with her dad being in a relationship - taking a while to adjust but had come round to the idea purely because she didn't want her dad to be lonely. There was something about the way this woman was making home with her two kids though - in the house Alice grew up in, the last place her mum had been before she died, that she was less comfortable with.

After hearing all this information Alice had made her excuses and hurried home without sorting anything and before letting any of her emotions out in front of her dad. Alice wasn't an angry person but had slammed her front door in frustration behind her when she got in - sinking to the floor as tears streamed down her face and Fred trying his hardest to console her as she wept tears of memories fading and times changing.

She missed her mum so much. The hurt and sadness that had seemed to become a little less in the past few weeks crept its way back up from somewhere within her. Alice wanted so much to tell her about this new person in her life, to share with her how Harry made butterflies swoon through her belly and hear stories from her mum about when she had met her dad. She was missing so much.

Since coming home on Saturday she had moped around for the rest of the weekend, watching Grey's Anatomy, eating junk food and in all honesty - crying. Hayley had spent Saturday night with her, rose and pizza before heading to work today, leaving Alice to spend her Sunday alone - but she didn't mind, enjoying her own company.

As the sun was now going down, her phone buzzed on the counter. All she wanted to do this evening was make herself some food and hang out with Fred, maybe even just have an early night. When she lifted her phone from the counter she noticed it was a message from Harry and she felt her mood lifted instantly. Hey, are you busy? Do you fancy a walk? H x

Alice smiled down at her phone as she messaged him back. It was just what she needed, some fresh air and the guy that made her forget all her worries and troubles. That would be lovely, When & where? X.

His instant reply of - I'll be round in 10, H x had Alice ditching the coffee she was drinking and running upstairs as quickly as she could to get changed out of her 'pissed off life uniform'. She had spent the last two days in oversized band tees and leggings with her hair scraped up off her face and no makeup at all, she decided that wasn't the look she fancied Harry seeing her in. As she sprinted round her room pulling on some jeans and a cozy jumper, Fred watched her in a daze. By the time there was a knock at the front door she had managed to make herself look far more presentable, using a woolie hat to cover the mess her hair was in and throwing on a bit of makeup to make her look slightly less like she had spent the weekend crying.