Just Passing By

'You kissed!' Hayley squealed, jumping onto Alice's bed the next morning having let herself in with the key she knew would be under the plant pot, 'Tell me, tell me, tell me!'.

Alice laughed, Fred making a quick exit towards safety on the bedside table and looking over at them - slightly confused as to why they were buzzing so early in the morning.

'He made us dinner, we had some wine, danced to some records and then it kinda just happened..' Alice trailed off, getting lost in her thoughts and thinking about the night before. She hadn't stopped thinking about it since it had happened - she was pretty sure she even dreamed about it during the night.

'What was it like, was it good? Gentle? Wildly passionate?' Hayley sighed, dramatically acting out each word as she spoke, 'I need details Alice!' she demanded and shimmied up the bed to cozy down into the duvet next to Alice. Fred made his way back down and settled on Hayley's belly - as if trying to enjoy the gossip too.

All Alice could do was think about Harry - about his hands wandering over her body, the shivers it had sent running down her spine, the goosebumps that had appeared over her skin from his touch.

'He is a sensational kisser.' Alice said after a moment, a beaming smile spreading across her lips, unable to hide how giddy she felt.

'Wow, wow, wow,' smiled Hayley. 'I knew he was into you!' she said confidently, tossing her hair over her shoulder in a dramatic proclamation of how right she was.

'It's not too fast is it?' Alice said, starting to fiddle with the edge of the duvet.

'What do you mean?' Hayley replied, looking at her with a quizzical look on her face.

'I mean - I've only known him a week,' Alice pulled the duvet up to her chin, sighing and beginning to overthink her evening all of a sudden.

'Not at all, the modern way is one night stands - if anything you should be married after a week,' Hayley teased.

'He even walked me home - he was so sweet, I don't think he's real,' Alice said, turning her head to see Hayley beaming at her, silent for a moment before she got overly excited again.

'He walked you home, what a bloody gent!,' Hayley squealed, giving Fred a tickle under his chin.

'But we work together, that's not meant to be a good thing,' Alice dropped the duvet to her shoulders, watching Hayley as her best friend moved to be eye level with her.

'Alice honey, please don't overthink this. If anyone deserves to be happy - it's you, and after all the shit you went through, you deserve to enjoy it - whether it's long term or it's a fling, just enjoy it,' Hayley said, squeezing Alice's hand. Alice let Hayley's words sink in. Her life the past few years really had been sad. She hadn't felt like herself, the old Alice always enjoyed doing new things, seeing new people and finding new faces. Harry could well be just what she needed to get out of her own head and into the world again.

Even though it had only been a week, Harry had already brought some excitement into her life. He was someone for her to be excited about and last night, in his company, she had felt happier and more relaxed than she had in a long time. She reached over and clapped Fred from his head all the way down to the end of his tail - he purred in appreciation whilst pushing against her hand with his head to encourage her to do it again.

'I think I really like him Hayley,' Alice sighed.

'Then go with it Alice, live a little,' Hayley said straight back to her. Alice really didn't know what she would do without Hayley.