First Day Nerves

'Tell me about him then,' pestered Hayley through the screen of Alice's phone. Alice was sitting on her sofa, cosied up in a beautiful purple throw with Fred sprawled out on her lap. The two of them facetime one another nearly everyday and there wasn't a single thing they didn't know about one another's lives. When events - such a meeting gorgeously handsome men or women happened, they could natter away for hours.

'We sat in the cafe for hours just chatting away - he's so easy to chat with. I actually didn't feel nervous after a while, maybe we'll work well together,' Alice replied without noticing the huge grin on her face.

'and also the fact he's ridiculously hot!,' scoffed Hayley, 'You fancy him,' she cackled. Alice blushed, telling Hayley to stop but unable to stop herself from smiling at her comment.

'He's criminally good looking,' Alice blushed. 'I can't be involved with a teacher though - I'll just admire from afar,' she then sighed, rubbing behind Fred's ear with her free hand, causing him to roll over and show her his belly - still sound asleep.

'Alice he asked you out for a coffee - he clearly likes the look of you, you never know what could happen, and as far as I can see from his social media spaces he's a family man with no sign of a girlfriend.' Hayley said it so quickly Alice almost missed it.

'Wait, what - you stalked his online profiles?' Alice said, slightly shocked at Hayley's quick work - but not really surprised at all. Anyone who got near either of them needed to be fully approved by the other, Hayley was just getting a head start.

'Of course - and you haven't?' Hayley said flatly, as if it were a normal thing to do. 'He takes good photos, his instagram is so pretty.'

'You are such a stalker,' Alice laughed, although she herself was curious.

'Just got to know who's caught my best friend's eye, that's all,' Hayley said before her voice turned more serious. 'I just want you to be happy, you deserve it - and remember, I'm head bridesmaid,'

Alice laughed so loud it came out as a cackle, Fred woke up and looked at her in shock and disgust at the disturbance of his slumber before sauntering to the other side of the sofa and settling down again.

'Hayley I just met him you nutter,'. Alice said, stretching her legs out along the sofa now they were free from under the Lord of the house.

'You never know,' Hayley laughed, 'You never know,'.

*

Alice was excited about going to work the next morning. She couldn't wait to see all the kids and hear stories about their long weekends. She also couldn't help but be excited about getting to work with Harry, the handsome stranger who had stumbled into her life yesterday and never left her mind since was all she could think about.

It was still chilly out - a storm was trying to rear its ugly head so Alice decided on black skinnies, a pair of heeled boots and a cozy lilac jumper, it was her favorite. Her hair was slightly wavy from the plaits she put in the night before so she sat in front of her mirror, making it look presentable while Fred and her cup of coffee sat next to her.

Harry had been on her mind all night, she couldn't shake the thought of him. His bold green eyes, his silky voice, his mischievous grin. She had snooped a look at his instagram after Hayley had mentioned it, for research purposes obviously. His photos were lovely - incredible actually. He had captured views of local areas she knew and some from holidays he must have been on. A blonde and extremely cheery looking chap popped up in a few photos, he must be one of Harry's good friends, as well as a few people who she thought must be family.