Sequins and Glitter

If anyone reading this is dealing with grief or loss, you got this, you are so strong

The weeks flew by quickly and before anyone knew it, it was the run up to Christmas. Harry and his class had three days left until the end of term on Friday as well as the show and the children's excitement was almost bubbling out of them. Not just them though, Alice had never seen Harry as buzzing as he was. She realized quickly he had as much of a Christmas bug as she did and it filled her with so much joy. He didn't even question why Alice had her Christmas tree up in the middle of November - but it was a tradition now that she would never be letting go of.

Alice and Harry spent their days in class splitting their time between work that needed finished up before term ended and rehearsing with the kids. The kids were loving every second of it and Alice had discovered Harry was quite the showman.

He loved being on stage with the kids, loved coming up with choreography and he especially loved helping them with their costume creations. His flare for fashion went way past his own incredible dress sense. The runways in Paris and Milan could have done with him as he waltzed around the classroom, measuring kids for costumes, sewing sequins into outfits and piecing together costumes for kids who hadn't got theirs yet.

'What are you gonna wear Miss Hathaway.' said little Bruce as Alice and him stuck sequins to a denim jacket he had brought in to wear for the show. Harry had told the kids to wear whatever they liked as long as it had some added Christmas sparkle.

'Ooh I hadn't thought about it yet, what should I wear Bruce?' she asked him in return.

'A fairy, you'd be a great fairy.' he chuckled.

'A fairy? That's a pretty good idea Bruce, but I think Mr Styles might be annoyed if I steal his costume idea,' little Bruce burst out laughing, his chubby little cheeks turning a bright pink color. Alice laughed at his reaction and looked up at Harry who was busy helping Lucy stick tinsel to her shoes.

He glanced up, looking sarcastically offended, 'Hey, I have my tutu all ready to go,' he said, carrying on sticking the tinsel onto little Lucy's shoes before he added 'Plus, I look better in tights.' At that, Alice burst out laughing. Little Bruce didn't really understand the joke but still belly laughed along with Alice so hard that he slid down off his chair and onto the floor.

They all spent the whole afternoon glittering up jackets and shoes, adding sequins to dresses and crowns and singing along to their song as much as they could - as well as other Christmas songs that the kids would request. It was so relaxed, everyone was in great spirits and Alice could have spent the rest of the day in this perfect bliss.

Before they knew it the bell rang to tell them it was the end of the day - they hadn't even had a chance to tidy up.

'Just leave everything where it is you lot, we can carry on with our fashion workshop in the morning,' called Harry over the mumble of the children trying to get themselves organized to go home.

'And remember your bags and jackets,' Harry then called as the children rushed out of the classroom, more glitter on their hands and faces than on their costumes. The two of them stood quietly watching the kids leave, a few waves and shouts of goodbye as the classroom gradually got quieter and finally emptied out.

Harry walked over to where Alice was standing and wrapped his arms around her, sighing as she embraced him back. She loved the feel of him holding her close, he smelt like warm vanilla and flowers, why did he always smell so good.

'I'm exhausted,' he said, 'I might just sleep right through the Christmas holidays,'.

Alice chuckled and nuzzled her face into his chest a little more, 'Only if I can come and keep you company,' she replied.