ONE

I checked my phone again. He was going to arrive at 1PM sharp yet the one who's late is him. I am standing on the roadside in a scorching hot weather under the sun getting tan on my bare skin.

He was so excited to meet me that he took extra hours doing his chores at our expected meeting time. Disgusting.

I pulled out my phone to give him a call. Someone tapped on my shoulder. I shoved phone in and turned to him. Here's the most disgusting man but my dear love faking a smile which is stretched to the edge of his face. He is Jas Nadig.

"Hey Mahi, Sorry for being late" he said.

"Don't you worry about that. I'm already used to it afterall you're always late" I replied.

"You know me" he said.

I said,"It's not that I want to but I need to."
He scratched the back of his head giving me a last smile before taking me to his place.

He prepared the lunch all by himself for me. Its his favor for me.

He said,"I need your help in my work. Its kinda hard for me to do it alone. Here's the compensation." sliding the well garnished food in front of me he said.

"And yes don't forget to compliment."

See, he's the narcissistic who always praise himself or make someone to do it for him.

I said,"I'll praise you if I like your cooking." I took a bite, and no doubt it was delicious, but I was not going to praise him. No never.

He did the dishes while asking me a thousand times,"Did you like it" even when I praised him more than once.

He took out the papers and presentations he was working on to discuss with me. I also indulged myself into it. I was nowhere around his level of intelligence but still sometimes my crazy ideas would give him some inspiration. Although I don't think he need any but I'll get sometime to spend with him. He'll soon become a forensic expert. And I, I'm just studying the same.

After hours, he finally came to an end. I asked him,"You told me yesterday that you love me. Were you serious then."

His face became cold as hell suddenly and the words rushed from his lips,"No, I didn't said that I Love you."

My heart dropped again. Yes again. It isn't his first time. It's been happening for more than five years.

He added," Listen, I care for you. I'm here anytime you need me." He took my hand in his,"I can't accept you, you know that. Don't force me please." I nodded.

I said,"Why can't you accept me. Its your life. You can't just live on someone's will."

He sighed,"You know, my father will be against you."
I yelled, "But you aren't. You should have the courage to take me with you. I need you, I want you."

My voice broke,"Don't just change your statements everytime you meet me. Don't you find it disgusting to lie to me about the thing that has happened between us. Do you think I'll just think that was my imagination and not your intention. I'm not that stupid. Why do you take care of me if you're nothing to me? Just leave me."

His eyes showed mixed emotion but it became blurred soon. He caressed my cheeks, wiped my tears off which I didn't know was flowing out of my big eyes.

I gasped and burst again,"You clearly love me. Everyone can see that. How am I supposed to overlook the things that are happening with me. You look at me like you're going to dive into me, you touch me like it's your last day you can feel anything. At least you should make me feel that you aren't mine but what you actually do is to make me feel it's all mine." I cried so hard.