Chapter 4: What the [redacted for steve] just fell out of the Sky (Peter)

Start from the beginning

This time I enter SI through the public and intended entrance of the building on the first floor, waving to the security guards and small tourist group before walking through to mr Stark's private elevator and scanning my way in.

"Welcome back, Spider-man," Friday greets—she always greets me this way when I'm in my suit incase I'm with anyone or anyone is nearby (we didn't want to take any chances)—, "it's good to see you. Mr Stark is waiting for you in the kitchen. Would you like me to take you to him?"
"Sure, Friday. Thank you!" I respond. The elevator doors close, and it's not long before I'm stepping out into the Avengers shared living quarters —this floor is a few floors below the penthouse (Mr Stark's floor), and consists of a kitchen with an attached dining space, bathroom, living room and a balcony. It's really high standards, but you'd expect nothing less from mr Stark. There are apartments above and below the floors for all the avengers and any guests.

"I'm here, mr Stark!" I call, walking down the hall through to the kitchen. "What did you need me here so quickly for? Is there some sort of emergency?"

I go to lift my mask off, but I notice that Mr Stark is not alone in the kitchen. Yelena is also in the kitchen, she's sitting on top of the counter reading a book that doesn't look English. I think it's Russian? As I said before, I don't want to show anyone except Mr Stark who I am under the mask. I can't risk the secret getting out. Mr Fury knows who I am but Mr Stark helped me threaten him to keep it off S.H.I.E.L.D data. And besides, I don't really trust everyone enough— I don't know them personally.

"Underoos," mr Stark nods his greeting, holding what is most definitely only his forth or fifth cup of coffee, judging by how tired he looks. I take the pop tarts out and sit them in the cupboard. "Thor's getting settled on his floor, he'll be up in a minute." I decide to ignore the fact that he didn't answer my question.

"Cool! Did he bring mr Loki?" I ask eagerly, bouncing on the halls of my feet. Mr Stark frowns, downs his coffee, and then answers me.
"That guy is a bad influence, but yes he's here."
"Aww, come on! Mr Loki can't be that bad!"
"He's killed multiple people." Mr Stark deadpans as he makes himself another cup of coffee. "Multiple times. In multiple ways."

"Yes, but, y'know that not all of it was his fault, he was mind controlled and—and besides, Thor says he's a good guy now." I shrug, waving my asks expressively. I've only seen Loki a few times here at the tower, but I haven't had the chance to speak with him. He usually keeps his distance from everyone. I'm really hoping I'll be able to speak with him this time, he looks like a chill guy if you're on his good side! I bet there's more to him than what he shows.

"The man of spiders is correct, my brother is perfectly safe to be around!" Thor exclaims, walking in dressed in casual clothes—which is weird to see on the literal god of thunder.
"H-Hi, Thor sir!" I grin happily. He nods and smiles kindly at me as he walks past and opens the bag.
"Where's reindeer games now? I don't want him messing with my stuff," Mr Stark grumbles as he takes a sip.

I turn and watch as Thor locates the pop-tarts and promptly starts consuming them. Straight from the box. Frozen. I want to look away, but I just...can't. It's like I'm in a trance, watching with wide eyes.

"Fear not mortal, I have no need for your technology." A new voice snarks, and I am able to turn away from Thor to see Loki walking in holding something that suspiciously looks like a bottle of hair dye. He catches my eye briefly, before looking away and vanishing the bottle mid air in a puff of green—which has my eyes widen in excitement. He made eye contact with me! And he used magic!!!