𝟏𝟒. A CRACK IN THE GLASS

048.
A CRACK IN THE GLASS.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised. 
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

Y/N WISHED SHE DIDN'T have to leave the bungalow so quickly

Y/N WISHED SHE DIDN'T have to leave the bungalow so quickly. She wished she didn't have to leave Finn.

That was one of the most relaxing, best times she's had in a long time. And it was with Finn, go figure. But if she and Finn were going to her company's gala tonight, she'd need to get some things prepared.

But first, she needed to change out of Finn's clothes. As much as she loved wearing them, she couldn't keep them on all day. She just hoped she had a spare change of clothes she might've left in her office somewhere.

"Are we at your work, mom?" Flynn asked curiously from the backseat.

Y/N glanced at him with a smile in the rear view as she parked in her work's lot. "Yeah, just have to pick something up real fast. We'll be quick, don't worry." 

They both exited the car, closing the doors behind them as they made their way into Y/N's office's entrance. She wasn't supposed to be working today, and she hoped no one asked her any questions about her attire.

Once she and Flynn entered the office lobby, she saw people dressing up the place to prepare for tonight's little gala. Things were already starting to look really nice with the decorations and caterers setting up. They were even setting up a little dance floor area.

"Dr. L/N?"

Y/N turned to see Sadie at her spot behind the front desk like usual, her fiery hair put up in a bun today.

She smiled at Y/N, with a slight look of confusion, "I thought you weren't working today?"

"Oh—I'm not, I'm just here to get a couple of things from my office." She smiled back, holding Flynn's hand as she began to guide him towards the hallway that led to her office.

"You're coming tonight, right? For the cocktail and gala?" Sadie asked, curiously.

"Of course!" Y/N nodded, wanting to hurry up and change before anyone started asking questions about what she was wearing.

"Just you, or with a plus one?"

Y/N blushed a little at the mention of her bringing a plus one. Finn.