𝟏𝟏. LIKE FATHER LIKE SON

045.
LIKE FATHER, LIKE SON.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised.
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

FINN OPENED THE DOOR upon hearing the insistent knocks from the outside pounding against the wood

FINN OPENED THE DOOR upon hearing the insistent knocks from the outside pounding against the wood. He trotted to the door, curls bouncing before he opened it to reveal a woman standing there. Flustered, panicked, and worried.

"Y/N..." Finn exhaled, his eyes searching Y/N to see how unsteady and disheveled she looked.

Her hair was ruffled, her eyes were a bit red, and her cheeks were flushed. She looked so anxious, so uneasy.

He immediately ushered both her and Flynn inside, "Come in, get in here." 

He closed the door behind them as they got inside, turning to meet the frazzled faces of both Y/N and her son.

"Is everything alright?" He asked, mentally scolding himself because it was obvious that nothing was alright.

Y/N and her son were obviously rattled and on edge.

Y/N took a moment to catch her breath, as if she were holding it on the drive all the way over to the bungalow. She nodded briefly, as if dismissing his concern.

"I'll be right back, I have to go to the restroom." She shrugged off Finn's concern, turning to Flynn. "You stay with Finn, okay? I'll be right back."

Finn watched as Y/N's son gripped onto her hand, stopping her from leaving him. "Mom, don't go."

He looked terrified to leave his mother's side, and it broke Finn's heart to see Y/N and her son this distraught. He turned around and stepped away, giving them a moment.

Y/N kneeled down, pressing a kiss to Flynn's cheeks where a tear had secretly begun to fall. She gave him a brave smile, her heart shattering because she knew what he saw.

"Finn will stay with you. I'll be right back." Y/N whispered, sniffling as she tried to hold back her own emotions. "I promise, Flynnie."

Finn was surprised to hear that nickname sounded so similar to his own when they were teenagers. He only hid his surprise when he felt Y/N's hand on his shoulder, turning around to meet her watery, broken, eyes.

"Can you...can you watch him for a minute?" She smiled weakly, quickly wiping her cheek. "I'll be right back. Maybe take him outside?"

Finn nodded, his expression soft and understanding. "O-Of course, yeah. Yeah, I'll watch him."