𝟏𝟑. TO SHARE A BED

047.
HOW TO SHARE A BED.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised. 
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

"MOM, LOOK

"MOM, LOOK..."

Flynn was fascinated by the view of the sunsetting along the oceanline, the orange and pink hues hypnotized him. He hasn't seen a sunset like this, from the view by the coast, ever before.

If he did see a sunset, it would be from their apartment window, but judging from the look on the child's face, this was so much better.

"I see it, bubs." Y/N smiled, pulling her into her side while they sat on the sand.

"Pretty, isn't it?"

The three of them, side by side, sat on the warm sand as they watched the sunset. With Flynn in between his parents, they admired the glowing sky.

Y/N glanced over at Finn, who was already looking at her with dreamy eyes. Hair blowing slightly as the sea breeze caught his curls, a dart smile on his face. She then looked down at their son between them, his curls doing the exact same thing in the breeze.

It was such a tender moment. So sweet, so peaceful.

She wished this moment never had to end. She wished she never had to leave this spot.

Which brought her to the thought she knew she would inevitably have to return back to the apartment. Back to Jack. Back to the source of her unease.

She would have to leave soon enough. If she stayed any longer, she wouldn't want to.

She looked down at Flynn, seeing his awestruck eyes still completely entranced by the setting sun over the waves. His curls flew over his eyes in the breeze, similarly to how Finn's was.

Finn reached to brush some of his curls out of his son's face, nudging him playfully on the shoulder. Flynn looked up at Finn with a toothy smile, nudging him back.

Y/N smiled softly as she watched them interacting. It seemed like such second nature to Finn, the way he was with their son.

But what stood out to her the most, was the way Flynn smiled at his dad. He giggled as they playfully nudged back and forth. Y/N saw their son's smile, one brighter than she's seen in a while lately.