𝟎𝟔. THE SAFEHOUSE

040.
THE SAFEHOUSE.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised. 
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

FINN SHUTTERED AS he stared at the ceiling above him as he laid in the top bunk of the bed, his body itching and sweating with anxiety

FINN SHUTTERED AS he stared at the ceiling above him as he laid in the top bunk of the bed, his body itching and sweating with anxiety. Beads of sweat gathered on his forehead in thin droplets, his body wracked with chills.

Dead. He's dead.

Gone. He killed himself.

His father is gone.

Finn fought the urge to cry, because he didn't have anyone here to calm him down if he spiraled off into a panic attack. Only Y/N ever knew how to really help him through shit like this. She'd instantly make him feel better.

But he didn't have Y/N.

Everyone here in his halfway house was pretty standoffish, only looking out for themselves since everyone here just wanted one thing — to get out of here.

Halfway houses are houses that provide shelter, food, and clothing to recovering ex-convicts and substance addicts and help them get back into the groove of society. And Finn being a recovering ex convict while trying to avoid drinking and smoking again, he couldn't seem to escape it. It was a pretty shitty place actually.

He knew his roommates sometimes snuck a smoke in after curfew, or snuck a couple beers in.

Which made it one hundred times harder for him to resist the temptations of picking up another cigarette or beer.

The smell of cigarette smoke wafted to his nose from the bottom bunk, knowing that his bunk mate had just had a smoke outside and the smell lingered to his clothes. Fuck.

The pain of grief and heartbreak from the news that his father was dead tore a hole inside him, making it easier for the temptations to eat at him.

He wants the cigarette. He wants the alcohol. He wants the drug. He wants to give in.

He can't take it anymore. The longer he stays here, the more likely he'll smoke or drink again.