𝟎𝟑. OLD LOVERS HAUNTING

037.
OLD LOVERS HAUNTING.

N O T I C E: This book includes detailed themes surrounding sex, adultery, violence, suicide, abuse, sexual harassment, alcohol, drugs, blood, death, anxiety, ptsd and other very sensitive topics — are all graphically depicted in this story.

Proceed with notice.
Viewer discretion advised. 
(nothing new, you know the drill)

.
.

TIME MEANT NOTHING

TIME MEANT NOTHING. TIME IS TIMELESS.

Because if time were truly able to heal all wounds, then Y/N would have gotten over Finn a long time ago.
But here she was, sitting across from her first lover she ever really felt this way about for the 4th time this week.

She's seen Finn every day for the last 4 days, and each time it never got any easier, and she never made any progress. It was so hard to remain as professional as she had to.

It's been 4 days.

4 days worth of therapy sessions in which Y/N had gotten to seen Finn. But she never got very far in terms of making therapeutic progress.

Usually, she'd have her clipboard in hand over her crossed legs, and they'd just sit there together. As if they were still processing that they were here and that they were together.

And to make it even more difficult, she still found herself so easily swayed by being this close to him.

It's insane to her that he's actually here. That he's alive, and yet she can't bring herself to just dive back into the relationship she left behind 8 years ago. No matter how much she wanted to.

It just wasn't that easy.

Finn's eyes stared intensely into hers as he leaned back against the cushion of the couch in her office, his hair falling effortlessly around his eyes.

She still found it so easy to fall into their dreamy trap, so easy to just get lost in his gaze and touch. But she couldn't, not anymore. She's at work, and she must do her job.

"So, from what I read in your files, you were awarded parole on good behavior, is that right?"

Finn said nothing.

He bit the corner of his lip, his eyes still intently studying Y/N.

It was as if he was evaluating her, studying her facial expressions and body language. He was trying to see if he could still read her like he used to.

Y/N noticed his silence, shifting in her seat as she drew her eyes from the paper sheet below her to meet Finn's intense gaze, his stare was enough to make her melt right then and there.