Ty and I were always close, but I think that us being werewolves brought us even closer. We were the only two werewolves left in this town and wolves do tend to stick together. I guess looking at it from that perspective would explain why we gravitated towards each other. 

I jumped on his big couch and he just shook his head "Let me guess, you're too lazy to move?"

I just grinned like a child "Well I am the guest here and you're the host."

He stumbled and looked at me stupefied "Excuse me? You spent almost as much time here as I have! You basically live here for god's sake!"

I just shrugged not even trying to fight him on that since we both knew it was the truth. "Fine, I'm lazy, like very veeeery lazy and as my best friend it is your obligation to help me out when I'm in need!"

He snorted "You sure are in need...of checking your mental health if you think you can just lay there while I serve you like a queen."

I grunted, completely forgetting that Tyler never fell for my tricks "Some best friend you are."

The asshole just smirked in reply and I ignored him on my way to the kitchen when my phone started ringing. I was about to escape from Tyler and answer my phone but he just pulled me back into the kitchen.

"You do realize it could be something urgent, right?" I asked trying to sound worried, even though I didn't really care, all I wanted was to escape doing any work. He just shot me a bored look "What could have possibly happened in such a short period of time?"

I looked at him exasperated "Anything! They're idiots that can fuck up even the most basic of things. If life came with step-by-step instructions and they tried following them, they would still manage to screw it up."

"I'm sure they can manage 5 minutes without you" Tyler muttered, ignoring my whole speech while he scoured the cupboards for some snacks. 

I shrugged indifferently, I seem to be doing that a lot lately. "Well if they can't then at least I'll have one problem less" 

He chuckled and shook his head, "Sure, I totally believe you" 

"What? I was actually serious!" I scowled and stared at him in disbelief, I meant what I said so why didn't he believe me?

He shook his head smiling warmly "Maybe, but don't think I can't see how much you try to protect everyone"

"I don't care about everyone, I care about you, Bonnie, Jeremy, Caroline, and grams. You guys are my family. Everyone else can fend for themselves for all I care" I said it many times before and I'll keep saying it despite how it made me look. It was the truth and if it made me look like a heartless person then so be it. 

"Oh come on. Don't think I haven't heard about the blood contract you made with Damon. You didn't put just us on the list of people he can't hurt. You also put Mason and Alaric. You're not close to either of them. Hell! You don't even know Alaric yet you wanted to protect both of them because you knew Damon would have hurt them."