I gave a grateful smile and thanked her before heading out of the kitchen. Maybe it was the sour taste of the drink, or the sudden air slapping my skin but I felt like a knot was suddenly untied in my chest as I stepped out to the back lawn. Suddenly the sound of the kids screaming happily was not so irritating.

Mia and Lilian had done a terrific job with the princess-themed decoration, but there was still something off about it. Zoey, Abby, and Aiden were in an exciting chase with Zoey trudging a pinata stick with her. Robin was busy directing some men I assumed were from the lighting company on how to set up the string lights, while Mia and Lilian were at each end of the long dinner table setting a table cloth over.

Mia waved a hand, beckoning me over. "So, thoughts," she asked gesturing around as I joined them.

"You guys killed it," I said trying and failing to sound excited.

"See I told you it's not a disaster," Mia said sarcastically to Lilian who did not look like she was in her best mood either.

"Yet," she bit back, tucking her side of the table cloth in.

"It's a little too pink, but I guess that's why it's a three-year-old's party after all." I chipped in, with a toothed smile.

"Did you drink bitch potion?" Mia whipped around to face me and for a second I thought I had seriously upset her.

"Yeah," Lilian snapped, pointing to my drink, "is that what's in the bottle?"

"It's just ginger ale actually." I held it up," and if you would have let me finish, you would have heard me say, regardless, it's perfect and I think Zoey is lucky to have such a creative mom." I gave Mia a side-eye before adding, "and Aunt."

Lilian sighed, giving me an apologetic look, "I'm sorry, I think I'm the one with the bitch potion."

"That's fine." I leaned closer to Mia as Lilian started setting out the flatwares on the table. "What's with her?"

"She's acting all hormonal again," Mia shrugged.

"Call me hormonal one more time and I'll shove this fork down your throat," Lilan held a silver fork close, her smile more sinister than sweet.

Mia gave me a 'see what I mean look,' before raising her hand in apology, "what I meant was, she just wants the party to go perfect. She's kind of a perfectionist when it comes to organizing and Zoey."

"Well, that makes some sense,"

"Yeah. I'll go check on the kids"

"Why they were just here..." I whipped around, hoping to find them running around, but didn't. "Yeah, I think you should."

"Stay here and make sure she doesn't actually shove that fork down anyone's throat," she nodded towards Lilian.

"Wait, did she really mean that?!"

"You sure have never met preggie Lils before, have you," she chuckled, "you're sweet, I'm sure she won't murder you."

"Of course."

With a little hesitation, I strutted closer, joining Liloan at the table. "Hey,"

"Hey,"' she said, without looking at me.

"You seem pretty upset Lils," I said carefully, taking a towel and a plate.

"Just nervous," she shrugged.

"Are you sure that's just is, or is..." I paused weighing my words. "you know what Mia said...about hormones."

To my surprise, she just chuckled, "I'm not pregnant Chris. I know I'm usually like this when I am, but this time it's something different."