BFF's boyfriend

The girls and I spent the rest of the afternoon from one shop to the other in search of the most perfect things for Mia's engagement. I did not bother to wonder what it would be like to shpp[ for the wedding. I might just call in sick if I joined in for that.

Thankfully, I could count on some great food at lunch with Alexander and C after a long day that had just gone halfway.

"God I hate shopping," I held the back of my neck wincing in pain as we took our seats in the upscale seaside bistro Celine had chosen for Lunch.

"Remind me why you're a girl again?" she raised a brow and took the stool opposite me.

"Not all girls love shopping." she knew too well my dislike for shopping. "When will Alexander be here?" I checked the time on my watch. "He's almost a minute late."

"Jesus Christine, give the man a fucking break," she chuckled and paused as the waiter dropped the drinks we had ordered.

I took mine, mixing it with the straw and taking a cold sip, almost moaning as it trickled down my throat. "I'm just stating the obvious," I shrugged.

"So you're going to lie that you do not hate my boyfriend?" she raised a brow amusedly.

Hate was not the exact word. "I cannot hate someone my best friend loves, so I'll just give you the same answer I gave Lucas this morning. 'I've had my fair share of assholes for a lifetime,'"

"Lucas asked about Alex?" shock joined her amused expression.

"Apparently, he was a tad jealous when I told him I was meeting you both today. Also, he wants a double date." I took another sip.

"I guess it's safe to say we're dating birds of a feather. Alex feels the same way every time I have to talk to the new clients at the office."

"Well, I guess we're both attracted to cavemen," I joked and took another long sip. "Have you heard from his parents recently?"

"Not after our breakup in Ibiza." her tone was full of regret, "I still feel horrible for the way I left him back then."

"Bess, you cannot blame yourself for the way his actions made you feel then. It might have been a misunderstanding, but he did not do enough o reassure you and that's not your fault." The Celine I knew never felt a twinge of guilt for putting any asshole in his place or even worse for dumping anyone she dated.

Between us, she was the one that was capable of dating someone she met at the club last night and breaking up with him the next day because she did not like the way his morning face looked. But that was the old Celine. This Celine sitting in front of me actually gave a fuck how someone felt after she broke up with him. She bothered to care and that was my cue to give Alexander a chance.

Ye might be an asshole, but he was capable of doing something I couldn't in all the years I knew her. She was changing and I needed no further proof.

Her phone chimed and her face lit up like daylight as she saw who had texted. It was no surprise that a second later she scrambles for her lipstick in her purse and used her phone as a makeshift mirror to apply it.

"You had lipstick in your purse?" I raised a brow.

"Hmm-hmm, Alex just parked in the driveway. It doesn't hurt anyone to look a little more perfect." she looked up at me briefly, shot me a demure smile, and turned back to continue applying her already perfect scarlet lipstick. Now that I thought better of it, her new makeup skills now made sense.

My best friend had never really been one to give a fuck about eyeliners, lip glosses, and all of those.

"Who are you and what planet did you throw my best friend?" I folded my hands throwing her a what the fuck look.