Baron's Visit

"Baron?" I almost screamed at the sight of him as I pushed my door open. The broken lock explained how they got in.

He was sitting on my favorite couch in a black jean and black shirt—the only color I had ever seen him wear—, legs crossed, cigarette in one hand, and the other hand flexing a gun carefully.

Baron was a tall and big man. He was not fat per se, but all those large muscles and heavy-looking chest made him look bigger than most guys—Lucas excluded. He had chestnut brown curly hair, and otherwise his mean and murderous personality, he was a very handsome man with black eyes and a very pointed nose.

When we had first met, we were both really attracted to each other, but that attraction soon faded after I had seen the way he treated a client that owed him. He hung the man's legs facing up on a chain and had his goon pour cold water on his body for 6 hours straight. I saw how ruthless Baron could be, and little did I know that soon enough, I would be experiencing his ruthlessness too.

He was not alone as usual. His minions/ goons occupied almost everywhere in my small living room/ kitchen. Some sat on the couch, and some leaned against the wall and on the fridge. I could see from the corner of my eye one of them eating an apple casually, their fearful gazes all on me.

They all looked like all they needed was a go-ahead from their master to pounce on me.

"Chris," he called, his deep scary voice booming across the room. "just the person I wanted to see. Please come in."

The way he said it made me feel like a stranger in my own house. I swallowed hard and took a few tentative steps inside. My heart thumping loudly in my chest, I had expected his visit, yet it managed to catch me off guard. As I moved to stand in front of him, his phone rang.

He picked the call and simply said, "Yes, she's here, you can come now." He put the phone back down and took a long sniff of his cigarette before he spoke. "That was Marcus, he helped me keep an eye on you today.

"What? you had someone keep an eye on me all day?" I yelled, feeling my anger level rise.

"Of course, you owe me remember?" he took another sniff of his cigarette.

The man that I had found attractive that night a few months ago was long gone. Right here was a man who only cared about one thing, getting his money back.

I cleared my throat softly before I started speaking, "Look Baron, I know I was due to renew the payment three days ago—"

"—four—" he corrected sharply, the muscles in his jaw ticking.

"Sorry, four days ago," I continued carefully. "and trust me, I have been trying to get a job. But you know how hard that is here in Califonia. All I'm asking for is just a few more days, and I promise. I'll come give it to you myself."

"Really?" he asked, his eyes softening. I wondered if something had finally touched his cold soul.

"Yes, I swear. I'll come give it to you myself." I said in a soft pleading tone.

"You should have just said so beautiful," I hated that nickname from him, but I put up a fake smile, not wanting to do anything to ruin this, "In that case, boys, let's go."

He stood up to leave, but they did not move an inch. Immediately he stood up, I felt terribly small and insignificant below him. I took a few steps back, but instead of heading to the door, he walked directly toward me, in slow strides.

I kept walking back until I felt the cold and smooth surface of the wall on my back. He did not stop either until we were merely breaths from each other.