The mall stalker

Lilian and Mia were already waiting for me at the mall on Friday morning after I dropped the kids off at school. I had chosen this mall because it was close to the kid's school and I could easily go and get them when we were done.

My mind had been working a thousand miles per hour after my encounter with that room. Every muscle in my body wanted me to take the lift upstairs to the third floor and find out what secrets my boyfriend was hiding behind those closed doors. And Lucas's words when he got back that afternoon did nothing to soothe me.

"It's an old storeroom," he said simply, managing to avoid my eyes as he spoke. I did not need more to know he was either not telling me the truth or giving me a half version of it. I spent most of the week finishing up with the sweaters I was making for the kids. At least that helped to keep my mind busy, it was still distracted by thoughts of what waited for me if I opened that door, but at least I was occupied enough to not venture too far.

Celine had not called after our last conversation on Monday, and while that might have been a good sign that things were finally going right between her and Alex, I could not shake off the feeling that my best friend was about to make a mistake she would regret.

Everything was just going so fucking bad this week.

I was thankful though to see the welcoming smiles on Lilian and Mia's faces as I walked to the table where they sat, waiting for me. Lilian held Zoey in her hands and the way she cooed and babbled baby words excitedly at me as I reached their table just made me forget all of my worries for the moment.

"Well look who we have here," Lilian said, not bothering to lower her voice.

"If it isn't my soon-to-be sister-in-law," Mia completed, getting to her feet to grab me in a tight embrace, and I figured that was just what I needed to pull me out of the worry and confusion that had accompanied my week.

"Actually Lucas and I just want to keep it simple at the dating level for now," I choked out, trying to breathe through her tight hug.

"Nonsense," Lilian chuckled getting to her feet too, "You have that glow, the 'I'm having a good fuck' kind of glow and it was not there the last time I saw you," she passed Zoey to Mia and hugged me too.

"That does not mean you brother-in-law and I are going to get married," I said shaking my head in amusement, then a thought crossed my mind, "how do you know about us?"

"Mia cannot keep a secret from me," she said proudly and shot her a wink, "and before you fire bullets at her, I coerced her into telling me, I was just too excited, sorry." she passed me the extra glass of smoothie on the table as a supposed peace offering.

I pulled out a seat and dropped into it, taking a small sip, "just make sure Lucas does not find out, also I will only forgive you on one condition," I stretched my hand out gesturing for Zoey, I liked how she was already struggling to climb into my waiting arms.

"Why is everyone trying to snatch my child from me," Lilan faked a grumble and passed her to me.

"It's not our fault she is just the most adorable little princess anyone can meet," I cooed, letting her wrap her small hands around my forefinger. "Don't tell Abby I said that,"

"Lips are sealed," she said, joining in Mia's chuckle.

"Hey little angel," I snuggled her close, rocking her gently, my ovaries were at a point of nearly exploding at all the sounds she was making, even though I could not make out a word, and I did not mind all the babbles of saliva being splattered all over me as she spoke. "Can I feed her this?" I asked Lilian, holding the straw next to Zoey's mouth, she was already clawing at it with her tiny fists.