Difference of Opinion

Start from the beginning

I mustered my best fake smile "Niklaus, how nice to see you! I'm fine, thank you for asking. How are you feeling this lovely evening?"

He calmed down after hearing my words, his tone no longer annoyed, "I'm happy that you're fine, love, but I needed to talk with you and you weren't here", instead he sounded like a child complaining. Cute, but not cute enough for me to just let it go.

"Oh, so you don't need to talk to me anymore?" I asked innocently and he just grunted looking away "Yes, I still need to talk with you." Nik, a 1000-year-old, sounded and looked like a scolded child, which was hilarious to see. I just wish I had recorded it so I could laugh at it once my mood returns to normal. It would also be perfect blackmail material.

"Hence it was something that could wait. You do realize that you can't just conjure me on demand, I'm neither your lap dog nor a genie in a bottle." I couldn't help but be bitchy, even though I still meant it. Plus, I was a bit upset, correction I was quite upset after having the altercation with my sister and dealing with Elena. I mean, can you blame me?

He looked at me in worry, his eyes softening while he was watching me "Yes, I do realize that, love. I didn't mean to upset you. I was just worried and seeing as how mad you are, I'm guessing I'm not the only one to blame." If I wasn't so lost in my own thoughts, then maybe I would have found it strange that he cared enough to ask about my bad mood. Hell, the fact that he even noticed it was a big deal. Instead of brushing it off and focusing on his problems as he usually would, he wanted to know about mine. 

"It's my sister, I love her to death, but sometimes she only sees the surface. Every day you can see people laughing and smiling, but that doesn't mean that they aren't struggling and suffering. In the same way, just because someone is feeling sorry for themselves does not mean that they have it the hardest." I rambled because well, it upset me. Obviously, it upset me more than I initially thought it did. I wasn't sure if Bonnie didn't notice the suffering of our friends or if she was simply too focused on Elena to pay attention to anyone else. Hell, I don't know when was the last time she paid attention to herself.  

He smiled slightly "Insightful as always, love. You have to accept that not everyone will see things the way you see them, I learned that a long time ago. The best you can do is try to make them see your point of view."

I nodded not knowing what to say to that, I just knew that I didn't want to talk about my fight with Bonnie. Talking about it was making me irritated since I knew I was in the right and I wasn't sure if my sister realized that yet. "I know. Anyway, what was it so urgent to talk about?"

Suddenly his face became grave "How did you know about Mikael? Or even the sacrifice? The moonstone?" His eyes scanned my every move, on high alert, wondering what my answer would be. I sat down on the couch closest to me knowing this was going to be a long conversation.

"I'm a witch Niklaus, witches get premonitions, and let's just say that I was blessed or cursed with the knowledge that would help your family." I explained it the best I could without getting into the "Your life was a TV show in my previous life" now that would make him believe I was dropped on my head as a baby, continuously. 

"To help or to destroy?" Niklaus questioned while looking at me suspiciously. His eyes scanned my relaxed posture and the bored look on my face. 

At that moment he wasn't sure what to think about the situation or Luna, especially Luna. There was just something about her that irked him and he just couldn't pinpoint what that something was, but he sure planned to find out.

"Seriously Niklaus, sometimes I wonder how perceptive you actually are. I'm doing everything to help you and your first assumption is that I want to destroy you. If I wanted to do that I would have just freed Mikael. Logic." I muttered and leaned on the couch closing my eyes.

"What do you want Luna?" His voice was serious but I could hear the curiosity as clear as day. I shrugged indifferently "What does anyone want in life?" I asked rhetorically.

"I don't care about what other people want. I'm asking what you want?" he waited patiently for my reply, his posture relaxed slightly, compared to how it was just moments ago. 

Somehow Luna was able to soothe his worries, his fears. To soothe him. That was another thing that frustrated him, how was one person, one girl, able to annoy him and soothe him at the same time?  Before he could think about it further, Luna's voice brought him back to the present.

"I want to keep my family safe and maybe one day meet my father. But I also want to help you and your family." I answered honestly since I had no reason to lie to him. I had nothing to hide from him. I had no ulterior motives for helping him and his family. 

"Why?" at that moment he sounded vulnerable. 

He didn't intend to show it, but her answer, along with everything that she has done to help him, left him continuously speechless. No one has shown him as much kindness as she has, the girl he has never even met. She wasn't afraid of him, in fact, she found his angry outbursts funny and amusing despite knowing what he was capable of.

I smiled softly, wanting to hug him at that very moment "Because I think you deserve to be happy. Your parents made your life miserable while you were human and they continued to do so even after they turned you into vampires. I want you to break your curse and be free. I want you to live life without having to worry about your monster of a so-called father." 

Before he could answer I was woken up by someone shaking me. Groaning I opened my eyes and saw the frantic look in Bonnie's eyes.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Wordcount: 1770 words

A/N: I hope you guys are enjoying the story so far! 
I would love to hear your feedback and thoughts about what the future may hold for all of them.

P.S. If I started repeating myself, please let me know, I've written and rewritten some chapters a few times, so everything sort of mushes together.

♥️ Happy reading! ♥️