Bonus Chapter 1

Hailey POV

"Don't be nervous, they're going to love you babe." Asher says confidently holding onto his daughter as she gives me a big toothy smile.

I smile back and take a deep breath as Asher rings the doorbell of the front door.

My dad and Kate both chuckle behind us as they look at me with humor dancing in their eyes, making me glare back at them, as I rub my sweaty palms onto my dress, again.

I'm meeting his family, but not just his mother and stepdad, his whole family will be here., all of them wanted to see who Asher asked to marry.

After getting engaged, I met his daughter Maria for the first time, who is the cutest little girl I have ever met, she's so adorable and small, like a miniature Asher. I was overwhelmed from meeting her, so much that she walked straight up to me and wrapped her tiny arms around me and said I was pretty.

I was stunned, Asher was overjoyed, I remember the day like it was yesterday, but it's been three months since then, and since then I've moved in with Asher and Maria and every day has been perfect.

After my graduation, things were impossible and crazy for a while, news broke minutes from leaving the university campus, and Asher's proposal was everywhere, even on TV shows and billboards, he had broken the internet as the sexiest man of 2021 to be off the market, the press had tried everything to get a picture of me and him together, for weeks it felt like we couldn't breathe without someone taking a photo of us.

They went as far as to climb the walls of Asher's house, just to get a photo of us, which resulted in them getting arrested, luckily with no photo as Asher had guards placed around the house until it calmed down.

Those first few weeks were magical, we spent most of our time inside and I got to know his daughter, all three of us spent a lot of time together, getting to know one another and staying out of the public eye until it all blew over.

Lucy, Asher's ex-manager had been arrested trying to flee the country, with multiple stolen items Asher had reported stolen from his London penthouse and L.A. home, which she broke into, also with bribery, extortion, and multiple accounts of money laundry and theft schemes, it's safe to say she won't be bothering us for a very long time.

Maria's mother is still in prison, and she will be for fifteen years. After further investigation police had found that Marcia was way more involved in Lucy's dealings than she made out, claiming she had nothing to do with her, but bank records don't lie, neither do video recordings of them meeting weekly to discuss whatever it is was they were conning together.

Asher has full custody of Maria and he is a wonderful father to her, despite the chaos of our engagement announcement, he has been amazing with dealing with everything, he has not once complained or regretted it, he said 'it was the best thing he had ever done and would do it all over again if it meant he had his two favorite girls with him.'

The door opens and there stands a beautiful older woman, who looks beyond happy to see us as we don't get a word in as she comes up to us and wraps her arms around me, bringing me into a crushing hug, knocking the wind out of me.

"Mam, you're crushing her." Asher says humorously as he looks at us with so much love in his eyes.

She pulls back and rolls her eyes, then looks to me then my dad and Kate behind me. "I'm sorry, I'm just so excited, I am so happy you're all here." She says happily.

My dad steps forward with a smile and holds his hand out to shake hers. "James, Hailey's dad, and this here." He puts an arm around Kate. "Is my Kate."

"Nice to meet you." Kate says smiling.