Chapter 15

"A painter paints pictures on canvas. But musicians paint their pictures on silence. "

- Leopold Stokowski

Hailey POV

"I'm serious, I think they traumatized Liam, he rang me from the men's restroom and told me to come to save him, when I show up with security I find Liam barricading himself in a bathroom stall." He laughs out.

I cover my mouth. "Oh my god, I feel so bad for laughing."

Asher gives me a look 'seriously' and I laugh. "Oh come on! He didn't know, he was just being nice." I state with a grin as I shove him playfully.

He laughs and shrugs, we're both sat outside with a glass of wine and talking about his time on tour and the funny stories about the crazy fans they have so far encountered.

Asher's phone rings and he goes into his back pocket and frowns when he sees who it is, he cancels the call and turns to me with a smile on his face.

"You don't want to answer it?" I ask. "I could give you privacy."

He comes closer and pulls me to him then kisses me on the forehead. "Nope, you stay right here." He wraps his arm around me. "It's just my manager, she knows not to contact me on breaks." He says, a hint of annoyance in his tone.

I hum. "Are you sure?" I ask.

Before he could open his mouth, his phone rings again and he sighs out, picking up his phone, and answers the call with a scowl on his face.

"Yes?"

I can hear some of what she is saying but I decide to not pry into his conversation as I move his arm from my shoulder and stand up to stretch, I feel Asher's eyes on me as I walk over to the entrance to the kitchen for a bottle of water.

I lean against the kitchen table and stare out at the ocean, it's so peaceful here, it's only been my first day here and I never want to leave, this island has everything you could need to live here for a couple of months, it's crazy.

I can see Asher grip his hair with a furious look on his face as he talks fast into his phone, when he turns towards me and sees me looking at him, his face softens and he smiles at me, he says something into his phone and then ends the call.

I wonder what that was all about? I hate prying into people's phone calls, especially if it's serious, it's just not my place to be nosy in someone else's personal life.

He's walking towards me with a defeated smile and I know it wasn't good news.

"Sorry about that." He says with a sigh, bringing me into him. "I have to leave tomorrow." He groans out, resting his head on my shoulder.

I rub his back and smile sadly. "Hey, it's alright.. it must be important, we will see each other another time." I say confidently even though I feel anything but, considering how famous and busy he is.

I might not see him for months, we live in two different worlds after all.

He leans back and I see how annoyed and upset he is. "It's not alright, it's bullshit Hailey." He lets go of me rubs his face. "I'm so sorry, fuck, I'm so pissed off right now, I think she's doing this on purpose." He mumbles out and I look at him confused.

"Who, your manager?" I ask.

He looks at me and I can see the war going on inside his head right now, lost in thought. "What do you mean?"