Chapter 7

"I don't sing because I'm happy; I'm happy because I sing." 

– William James

Hailey POV

After the eventful morning, I had with Asher, I haven't seen him since I got back to my hotel room, deciding to not accept his offer for dinner, I ate alone in my room and stayed there all day alone with my thoughts.

I like Asher, who wouldn't? He's charming and sweet, not at all what I expected from a very famous guy. After parting ways I cowered away in my hotel room and haven't left since, am I hiding? Possibly.

I know what Asher wants, his body language and gaze when he looks at me had finally clicked it all together while we were out 'window shopping' together.

Asher didn't even need to say anything, what guy would simply go out of their way for someone they hardly met unless they liked them? And I really like that Asher was such a gentleman, he never pushed me or used his charm on me to get what he wanted, I got the feeling he just enjoyed being in my company, which is totally fine when I'm not freaking out from how famous he is.

I had spent most of my day setting up this damn phone he had sneaked off to get me, and he wasn't lying, there was no return receipt in the box, but once I got it up and working I had searched the price for the phone and I almost had a  heart attack, he had also bought me earphones, ones Austin, my ex had so I knew that they were also pricey.

I couldn't accept this, it's just too much to give to someone you just met! And he bought me the dress I had picked up, I had no idea until I went to pay, almost having a full-on freak out when I see the total amount for just two dresses then only learning that he had left his card at the front desk so he could pay.

I'm beyond thankful but this feeling won't go away, I'm not used to people throwing their money so easily on things for people they barely know, I had known guys like this all my life, they always wanted something in return, even the ones that seemed nice.

I had added all my contacts to the new phone, giving up by not returning it, not yet ready to face Asher after being around him all morning, the man is beyond my expectations that being around him is dangerous for my health. So for now, I had saved his number on my brand new phone.

Sending texts to the friends I do have with my new number and to my father, who- shocker, has not replied, there's only one number I have yet to text, Asher Reed.

Asher Reed, born and raised in the South of London. That is all I could bear to read as I googled him, which to me was beyond terrifying, there were thousands upon thousands of articles, youtube videos, and pictures of him with friends, on stage, and with girls.

Girls that any man would dream to be with, supermodels, singers, and actresses, he was pictured with them all, even seen kissing them. I know I shouldn't have googled him, the moment I had seen all these pictures my stomach had dropped, he looked handsome and gorgeous in all of these photos, next to these beautiful women, he looked perfect with each and every one of them, I feel plain compared to these women, almost ugly at the thought of standing next to Asher again.

I should feel flattered that he even looked at me twice, I mean he has millions of fans who would kill for him to even look at them, but I don't, he's someone I could never reach, we are simply two completely different people from two very different worlds, whatever I feel for him is most likely me trying to get over my pain.

A knock at my door makes me climb off my bed and slip into some sandals, I make my way to the door and look through the peephole to see a hotel employee standing outside of my door so I unlock and open the door.