Chapter 22: My possessive girlfriend

Mia's POV:

I am going to kill whoever decided having mirrors all around and reflecting high beam lights on me is a good idea. It was killing my eyes. Why did I partner with the Lady bikini brand? I presumed I would be rolling on the sand or posing in a pool, but no, I had to stand in the scorching sun with these f-ing mirrors blinding my eyes.

"How much longer, Angela?"

"It will end soon," said Angela guiltily, protecting her eyes from the light.

I composed my face and the photoshoot resumed. After another hour of torture, finally, the photoshoot came to an end.

"I have canceled the rest of the events today."

"Thanks Angela, you are an angel."

"And I have a present for you from the agency."

She handed me an envelope. There were two open tickets to Kauai, Hawaii.

"Wow! Angela thanks!"

"I figured you would want to celebrate your first anniversary and made the entire week free. Just make sure to come back with fewer marks."

"Can't promise."

I couldn't wait to tell Sam. He worked at the CEO's office at zMart three days a week. I decided to visit him there.

"I am here to see Mr. Denty, Assistant Secretary," I said to the receptionist.

"May I know your name?"

"Mia."

After some time she informed me, "Mr. Denty is not at his desk, he has gone out for a break."

I called Sam's phone. "Where are you? I am in your office lobby."

"Hey, I just came out for a break. I am in a coffee shop just outside."

I followed Sam's direction, but when I went in he was not alone. He was with a beautiful woman. She was not hot or sexy, but she was a beauty with innocence. The typical woman who would melt guys' hearts.

"This is my girlfriend Mia," Sam introduced me.

"Sam has told me so much about you, it's like I know you already."

"And you are?"

"I am Emara."

So she was Emara who was the actual secretary. Sam never told me how old she was. I assumed her to be an old lady, not a good-looking girl in her twenties.

"How was your day?" Sam asked me.

The day was nothing short of a train-wreck with the damn mirrors followed by Sam's alluring colleague. "Good," I replied.

Sam gave me a searching look.

"I should head back, Sam. You can take the rest of the day off if you want."

"Let me walk you back," he offered.

I glared at him; since when has he become a gentleman? Well, Sam was always like that to me, but I was also the only female in his life. He pulled me along. I walked a little behind feeling like a third wheel as they talked gibberish. What does chained hashing, and heap tracing even mean?

My blood came to boil, from the scene that followed. Being too engrossed in the discussion with Sam, Emara walked straight into a man. She lost her balance and stumbled. Sam caught her and helped her.

"Careful there."

"You know, my sense of equilibrium is always off."

"I know, that is why I am accompanying you back."

She smiled at him gratefully.

We took her to the office building, he waved her off at the entrance.

"My car is in the parking lot, wait here."

"Why don't you see her to her desk, clearly her equilibrium is off."

Sam looked thoughtful at my suggestion, I punched him before marching off.

"Plum!" he called and raced to me fast enough to hold my hands.

"Let me go."

"No, I won't."

He bent his face to kiss me, I smacked his nose with my head.

"Ow! What was that for?"

"That's for flirting with another woman," I punched him again, "in front of me."

"Are you jealous?"

"Yes, you described Emara like a motherly figure but she is so young. The whole time I was there, you ignored me and flirted with her."

"Which part of the network security discussion sounded like flirting to you?"

"What?"

"Emara is a hacking master, she was sharing tips for my ongoing project."

"But she works as a secretary," I said in a small voice.

"Long story. And I walked her back because she is pregnant."

"What? She looks young."

Sam just looked at me. "Don't give me that look," I snapped.

"Don't you trust me, Mia?"

"I trust you, Sam, but I don't like being ignored. I have always been your priority and I didn't take kindly when you held her hand."

Sam sighed heavily, "Mia you are always my priority. Don't you know me at all?"

Tears stung my eyes.

"My possessive girlfriend."

He pulled me into a hug, this time I didn't protest.

"No girl in her right mind will see a fatso like me. Even if someone did, my heart belongs to you, just you."

"Are you calling me mental?"

"No, I already know you are."

"Don't call yourself a fatso."

"I am planning on joining a gym."

"Really!! Angela's brother owns a gym. He is a decent instructor. We should go now and enroll."

"I said I'm planning, plum. Not that I am going to. There is a big difference."

"Not to me."