[chapter seventeen] after death

Start from the beginning

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Seven years ago...

It was the first day of third grade, Stiles and Scott argued about which DC character was better, whilst the young blonde's green eyes stayed glued on the girl with the strawberry blonde hair.

"Aires?" Scott called, shaking the girl by her shoulder.

"Ree Ree?" Stiles yelled, waving his paint stained hand in front of her eyes.

The girl snapped out her trance, sitting straighter on the bench. "What?" She said, glancing between her two best friends.

"What were you looking at?" Stiles asked curiously, whilst Scott sat with a grin on his face.

"Her." Aires simply said, moving her bright green eyes back onto the girl. "She's so pretty, like a princess!" She exclaimed excitedly.

"I think that's her boyfriend." Stiles mumbled before shoving chips into his mouth.

Aires frowned, crossing her arms over her chest and huffing in annoyance. Scotts grin grew even bitter, showing his new teeth whilst he glanced back and forth between the two girls.

"Did you have a crush on her boyfriend?" He asked, finding the whole thing amused.

"No!" Aires screeched, sticking her tongue out at the boy. "I don't like her boyfriend, I like her." She bitterly said, the frown on her face returning.

"Like her like you want to be her girlfriend?" Stiles joined in, chips hanging out of his mouth. Both boys were grinning at the sulking girl.

"She's so pretty of course I would want to be her girlfriend!" The girl yelled, standing up from the bench and storming away.

The boys spun around in their seats as they watched her make her way over to the girls table. Their mouths dropped when they saw her sitting next to the girl, the two seemed to be talking. Stiles turned to Scott who looked just as surprised as he did.

"Who's that girl?" He asked.

"I think her name is Lydia." Scott slowly said, tilting his head slightly to the side.

Stiles started sulking, making Scott burst out in laughter. He pointed his finger at the boy before starting to taunt him.

"Ha, ha, you have a crush on Lydia!" He said in a sing-song voice.

The boy turned a deep shade of red before swatting at the McCall boy next to him. "Shh! She might hear you!" He screeched, shoving his face onto the table.

Though Lydia wasn't who he was worried about hearing, it was Aires- the one he had liked since the very first day he had met her. 

"It's okay Stiles, maybe one day you can get her to like you?"

Whilst the two boys sat at the table, each sulking in their seats, Aires walked straight up to the girl with strawberry blonde hair.

"Hi!" She beamed, a big smile on her face. "I'm Aires!"

"I'm Lydia. Wow you're super pretty, do you want to sit with us?" She asked.

"Yes!" She quickly sat down on the bench, next to two boys.

"I'm Danny!" One of them said, shaking out his hand towards the girl who quickly shook it back.

"I'm Jackson but you can call me Jack." The other one said, struggling to meet her eyes.