[chapter seventeen] after death

Start from the beginning

'✧∘* ೃ ⋆。˚.

Aires pov...

"Oh my god you came!" Lydia squealed, springing off the hospital bed and jumping at me.

Forcing my stiff body to move, I wrapped my arms around the girl. Relief washed over me to see that the girl was okay, not completely physically hurt by my uncle.

"I'm so sorry-"

"No." Lydia snapped, cutting me off by pushing her finger against my lips. "I don't want to hear it! You have done more for me these past two weeks then anyone else!"

"But-" I tried, getting cut off by Lydia again as she slapped her hand over my mouth.

"Aires I love you. I know when your not doing okay and I know what it looks like. You've been bringing me so much, meaning you've been strong enough to leave your room to come here. Even if it is just dropping a few things off, it means more to me than you will ever know."

Feeling on edge, and in desperate need of a distraction, I quickly darted my tongue between my lips, licking the palm of Lydia hand. A deafening squeal fell from her lips as she quickly pulled it away, wiping it frantically across her hospital gown.

"DID YOU JUST LICK ME?"

"How else was I supposed to get your hand off my mouth?" I muttered with a roll of my eyes.

"That's my girl." She whispered. "I spoke to Allison." She quickly blurted out. "They are all worried about you and to be completely honest so am I. Melissa said you haven't spoken to anyone in weeks and that you haven't seen anyone apart from her. If it's getting like it did last time you need to tell someone-"

"I'm fine." I snapped on instinct, lying through my teeth as I rattled off the excuse I had been giving to everyone. 

"Aires. You are not okay-"

"Lydia." I snapped as a sudden wave of panic shot through me. 

I needed to get out- I needed to run. It was as if I was being suffocated, as if the air was cut from my lungs. 

I needed an out. 

"I'm fine-"

"Your not fine! When are you going to stop lying to yourself-"

"I'm going to the vending machine." I quickly mumbled before slipping out of the room. 

The further I walked down the hallway, the more I wanted to disappear, to run back to my room. My surroundings started to blur as the voices screaming at me to run back home intensified, bringing my feet to a sudden stop. 

A loud bang snapped me from my trance, bringing me back into the world. At the bottom of the hallway stood a panicked Stiles, his hands flying about frantically, a knocked over vending machine resting at his feet. As if on cue, his head snapped up, his brown eyes meeting mine. Before either one of us could speak, an ear piercing scream travelled down the hallway.

"Lydia." I whispered under my breath before bolting down the corridor, recognising the girls scream immediately. 

It was a scream that haunted my dreams.

Quickly, i swung open the door and ran into the bathroom, finding it left empty with the water still running. The window was slightly left open, letting in a cool winter breeze.

"No." I choked out began frantically shaking my head, unable to come up with an explanation to what the hell just happened.

"WHERE IS SHE?" Mr Martin's voice boomed through the room. "WHERE THE HELL IS MY DAUGHTER?"