Chapter 24

Kajol sat in front of the sea for God knows how long. Preity and Rani went for a walk, and Saif went to play volleyball with Shahrukh and other boys.

Kajol didn't want that vacation to end more than anyone, she needed to escape the reality more than Shahrukh needs. She thought about that everyone was going back for something, Rani to her kids, Preity to her house with Saif, Shahrukh to his work and his hobbies. She didn't want to go back home, of course she missed her father; but she felt like she had to leave the house for years not just simple days.

She stared at the sea and its waves, thinking how the sea looks different in vacations.
She has passed by the sea million times every day; but never got the time to admire the sea, she sat in front of it as if she was saying good bye to the peace of her mind. It was their last day of the vacation.

All the sadness hit her at once, her mom and her annoying plans, her loneliness without her best friend; even if she keeps acting the opposite, the feeling of emptiness lately and her pending relationship with Shahrukh; she didn't see where they were heading to.

Suddenly the jealousy issue came to her head, she tried really hard to ignore thinking about that topic but she was really furious. Each girl feels happy when her boyfriend gets jealous, but that wasn't Kajol's problem; Kajol hated the fact that Shahrukh sees every male as a threat to him, she also hated the fact that he maybe sees her as a toddler running after anyone who offers her a lollipop.

She looked back at the boys who were still playing, but she saw Shahrukh coming towards her smiling; she smiled back and decided to take benefit of the time he is taking for recovery and enjoy it. She thought about the fact that they didn't get many chances to act like a boyfriend and a girlfriend in public.

'I couldn't miss the last sunset in our vacation' Shahrukh said and sat down next to her'

'The weather is great; I wish we would never leave' Kajol said sadly

'We will come again, I promise' Shahrukh said

Kajol rolled her eyes 'Yeah, right' she said and rest her head on his shoulder silently watching the sunset.

'Believe it or not, I had the best vacation ever' Saif said excitedly when they were at the parking of the hotel

'Yeah... yeah' Kajol said sarcastically

'Your husband is making fun of us' Rani chuckled and said to Preity

'No guys, really. I am so happy that we got the chance to spend this vacation together. Just like the old days; I got the chance to pass some time with Shahrukh my best friend; not my boss. It was good for Preity and things between me and Rani are going great more than any time' Saif said happily then added 'and it was a great chance for gloomy Kajol to loosen up after her exams' he added

'I am not gloomy. It is just a different phase of my life and I seem a little lost' Kajol replied

'Back to being the boss, don't get late tomorrow for the meeting' Shahrukh said teasingly

'What!' Saif said and all laughed

'Come on guys, let's take a selfie' Preity said happily and all gathered, smiled and looked at Preity's phone camera.

'Back to reality' Rani said as she turned off the engine when they arrived home 'we are home' she said to Kajol who was sitting next to her