Chapter 13

Kajol kept moving the food in her plate back and forth with her fork in boredom when she was at lunch with Shahrukh

'is something wrong with the food?' Shahrukh asked

'no, I think I suddenly lost my appetite' she said uneasily pushing the plate away 'I wasn't ready for them to come back' she blew

'I understand'

'I don't hate my parents Shahrukh'

'of course you don't. Why are you explaining this to me?' he asked calmly

'I don't know, I am in a very bad mood' she frowned and rest her back to the chair

'calm down, I am here for you' he said reassuringly holding her hand 'do you want to go to the cinema tonight?'

'nice idea, I hope this distracts me' she said with half a smile

'did anyone annoy you at college?'

Kajol giggled and nodded in denial 'no, don't worry'

He laughed 'they would think a thousand times before they even think of saying something that might annoy you after what happened yesterday'

'I haven't seen her today. Thank god I am graduating after a few...' Kajol said then stopped 'Amira didn't tell us what happened with Abhishik!'

'uff I completely forgot'

'gosh, they have to do something' she said furiously 'Abhishik has to say no even if things didn't work between him and Amira'

'what do you mean?'

'I mean that we need to talk to him. Don't worry, we won't beg him to fight for your sister but we will ask him to fight this marriage, I don't love him and so does he. That's the point we missed'

Shahrukh sighed heavily 'I am not defending him, but if he had a solution he would stick to it and relieve us from that unending torture, but it seems like that he is helpless just like all of us'

'damn it' Kajol said closing her eyes in anger 'why everything is so complicated? Why life can't be simple?'

'I have been asking this question myself too for so long' he blew hopelessly 'what do you want to watch by the way? What kind of film?' he asked energetically

'I don't remember if I have ever mentioned this before to you but your sudden mood swings causes me headaches' she said in boredom and he laughed 'I am not sure, let's see what are the films released, I hope they are good anyway'

'good films or no good films, the company is what matters more' he said sweetly and she blushed

In the middle of the film, Kajol couldn't keep looking at the big screen; not because the film wasn't good but she just kept looking at Shahrukh eating popcorn and enjoying the film. She thought about how her life would be in the future with him, she feels like there are no worries in life when he is beside her. Shahrukh suddenly looked back at her to check if something is wrong, she shook her head in denial, rested it over his shoulder and took his arm.

After a while the lights were turned on for the intermission, Kajol raised her head and just kept looking at him.

'what is wrong sweetheart?' he asked kindly

'nothing is wrong, I am just looking at you' she replied calmly

'did I ever mention that you have the most beautiful eyes in the world?' he said sweetly