Chapter Thirty- Preparations for Dinner

"Are you hungry?" Errik asked as they walked toward the pool house, now a shirt covering her.

        "Famished."

        "Let me make you dinner..."

        "You don't have to. I'll be fine."

        "You're already too skinny. I insist."

        She smirked at his words and his smile as she followed him into the house instead. As she entered, it was incredibly spacious and beautifully decorated with simple paintings or beautiful sculptures. It was moderate in size, larger than any middle-class house she knew but not as giant as it looked on the outside. Most of the house had bookshelves along the walls and were graced with classic books. She traced her fingers upon the books before he showed her to the dining room.

        "What would you like?"

        "I don't mind. I'm not that picky."

        "I'll surprise you. You can make yourself at home. T.v., reading, resting, whatever you want."

        "Where's the bathroom?"

        "There's one down the hall third door on the right."

        "Thank you." She said before making her way to the bathroom. Looking at herself in the mirror, she noticed how she was flushed and had little appealing attributes at the moment. By the time she made it out of the bathroom with slightly curled hair and make up darkly applied to her eyes, she turned and saw how far along he was with dinner. She could smell some kind of chicken that caused her to become even more hungry.

        Moving close to him, she noticed how graceful he was with how he did every task. Anything from cutting the vegetables to placing salt on the meat. Quickly, he had her help him by moving behind her. He slid his fingers upon hers as he sliced the food. Her heart raced as he placed his fingers on hers.

        "Just like that." He said as he went to move.

        "I think I still need you to guide me." She said as she went to turn and he was directly behind her. Their lips were just a centimeter apart when they both closed their eyes.