Chapter Five- Admittance

"Are you okay?" Mr. Scott rushed to Scarlett's side that next morning before school. She was surprised to find his grasp tight on her wrists. But since it had been the first time he physically touched her, she basked in it. Being snapped back into reality, she batted her eyes quick and nodded.

        "Why wouldn't I be?"

        "Your father..."

        "How?"

        "Your phone was left on...You muted me so I couldn't say anything..."

        She looked down at the ground with no expression.

        "What is it?" He asked, seeing her clear sadness. He placed his fingers on the bottom of her chin. Pulling her wrists once more, he took her into an abandoned classroom.

        "Tell me." He said, hell-bent on getting answers.

        "It's nothing."

        He turned from her, releasing her grasp, and turned back toward her. "Clearly something is wrong. Talk to me, I can help..."

        "There's nothing you can do..." She said now in a normal tone. She found it easier to talk to him with each conversation they had.

        "I can get your mind off of it..." He said. "Take you around town after school, or you take me since you know it better. Show me the popular places..."

        "It's a date." She said trying not to be excited. "Well not a date-date, but a convenience in which two people that know each other will be in the same place at the same time-conveniently taking the same car...in which you will be driving-making conversation."

        "Wow."

        "What?"

        "I do believe that is the longest I have heard you talk..."

        She blushed and apologized.

        "Never apologize. You have an angelic voice..." He turned to leave, but then turned again sharp. "I'll pick you up at six. I will find out more." He said, now with no smile. He left her there in the room, wanting more. Wanting his presence...and wanting his kiss...