Chaper 26

Adriano's pov

"Do you want to go back to see the boys?" I asked her.

"Where are you going?" She asked me.

"Ive got work to do in my office they boys do too but I think they're staying in the kitchen for a while first" I replied beginning to untie her.

"Can I come with you and bring my smoothie?" She asked.

"If you sit and let me do my work then yes"

"I promise I'll just sit and read or something" she replied.

"Promise?" I looked her in the eyes knowing the work I was doing was to keep her safe but I wouldn't tell her that. I wouldn't tell her much but I would keep her close for the next few days. Something was up, Simone was after her but I couldn't figure who. Although my brother was jealous of me he wouldn't do this? Would he?

"You okay?" She asked.

"Yeah I'm fine princess, come on let's go to my office" I handed the pants back to her and waited for her to get dressed.  I must have been zoned out deep for her to notice.

"You just seemed worried"

I looked to her.

"I'm a busy guy with a lot of responsibilities that's all" I reassured her.

That must have done the trick as she smiled and just agreed.

I took her to my office and pointed to a chair to the side of my bookcase.

"Sit there" I pointed.

She sat looking round my office.

I sat in my chair and began to open up my laptop to continue my work. I had big plans for one of my businesses that needed edited.

I almost forgot about her for some time getting lost in my work. I looked back up to her to see she had put all my pens on my desk in size order.

I watched her with a confused look till she picked up the smallest pen and looked to me showing me it.

"Ha ha very funny" I sighed looking back down to my emails.

"I can assure you it's not and you'll find out for yourself sooner or later" I smiled keeping my eyes on my computer.

She looked at me for a moment before putting my pen back down processing how I turned her joke on her.

"Liam says hi" I said after a while of her tapping her hand on my desk.

"Liam?" She asked as I turned my laptop showing her the email from Liam.

Tell lexi I said hello - liam

"Tell him I said bye" she laughed

"Not the kindest thing to say" I replied typing back to Liam in response of Lexi.

"So your a mafia worker who spends all day emailing his workers hello?" She asked.

"Well obviously they have to tell me something important as well or send work over I don't just send hi back and forth" I picked began to light a cigarette.

"Can I go get my smoothie?" She asked.

"Suppose" I took a puff from my cigarette.

Lexi's Pov

"Suppose" he replied.

I smiled standing up and leaving his office shutting the door gently behind me.

I walked along the corridor catching a glance of Liam in his office.

I walked down to the kitchen and picked up my smoothie from where I had left it as well as grabbing an apple from the fruit bowl.

On the way back I entered Liams office.

"Hi" I said smiling to him.

"Bye" he smiled.

"Oh come on I didn't mean it"

"Two can play that game" he replied.

"What you up to?" I asked.

"Work very busy work" he replied.

"Funny considering you were just on your phone"

"Oh come on let's not be like that. Slow laptop" he tried to reason with me.

"What would Adriano say if he found out you weren't working?" I asked tormenting him.

He turned to me.

"Why does it matter?"

"Because I want to know what would happen" I said knowing i was going to when I told him in 5 minutes time.

"Would he shoot you?" I asked.

"No" he replied.

"Strange you?"

"No.."

"Beat you up?"

"Lexi he wouldn't be too bothered"

"Would he not?"

"No he wouldn't"

"Thanks for permission to tell him" I shut the door behind me heading to Adriano's office with a smile.

I opened the door to see Adriano continuing his work.

"Liam-" I began.

"I know" he stopped me, "I got the email"

Damn it. I thought to myself.

"You'll have to run faster next time love" he smiled.

"Can I read a book?" I asked.

"Can you even read Italian?"

"Nope but I can try" I grabbed a book from
His shelf.

Adriano's pov

"Eravamo i Leopardi, I Leoni" what does that mean she asked.

I sighed.

"We were the leopards, the lions" I answered

"That's a popular book and if every line is going to be like this then put it back I'm not being your translator" I took a puff from my cigarette.

She put the book back and watched me type for a bit while taking a puff every few minutes.

"Can I try?" She asked.

I offered her the cigarette

She took it from my hand

I looked up and watched as she took a puff from it without hesitation and only coughing a little.

I watched as she took a second puff not coughing at all.

"Surprised you didn't choke" I took it back.

"Wish you would choke" she replied.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

"I'll happily choke you" I said back puffing from my cigarette.

I noticed another Email and checked who it was from.

Hi boss can you send lexi to my office? I'd like to see her and it will give you a break for a while - Diesel

I crossed my eyebrows slightly confused knowing Diesel isn't the biggest fan of Lexi

—————————————
Authors note: I am currently working on another side book that should be released soon! However this one will be released all at once or I'll be uploading more times a week so say x2 Adriano chapters and x2 ******* chapters. Please let me know what you would prefer!  (I don't want to reveal too much of the book just yet!)