25th December - Juri Vips

Requested by Garrixer_06

26: "Please make me some cookies and hot chocolate. Yours are always the best." 

It may have been typical for yourself and your husband, Juri to expect your son and your daughter to have a largely sleepless night on Christmas Eve, however, during the early hours of Christmas Morning, the same could also be said for the two of you. Yourself and Juri were facing each other in bed as you tried to dose back off to sleep, but being unable to do this because you were both anticipating your children shortly rushing into your room, begging to get up. You had just snuggled your head into Juri's chest, your eyes just starting to grow heavy once more when your assumption came true, your son and your daughter both barging through your bedroom door, completely ignoring the knocking before entering rule because they considered it to be the most magical morning of the year.

"Please, please, please can we get up and start opening our presents?" Your three year old daughter begged, tugging on the back of your pyjama top once she had made her way around to your side of the bed.

Meanwhile, her five year old brother had rushed around to Juri's side of the bed, crashing down onto the edge of it and flinging his arms around his favourite man in the world once you had removed your head from his chest, propping yourself up onto your elbow.

"Please make me some cookies and hot chocolate! Yours are always the best!" Your son begged Juri, this causing you both to let out a few chuckles of amusement because before even thinking about opening his presents, your son was thinking about the traditional Christmas Morning breakfast which the four of you would have.

"How about you two get in the middle and cuddle up with us for a bit?" Juri suggested with a soft yawn once he had picked his phone off his bedside table to check the time. "It's only four. We've got a couple of hours until Mummy's alarm is going to go off."

Your son and your daughter both let out a whine of protest as they reluctantly got into the middle of the bed once yourself and Juri had both sat up, swinging your legs over your respective edges of the bed to allow them to have the room to get in, your son being closest to Juri and your daughter being closest to you. After yourself and Juri had wrapped an arm around them, it didn't take you long for yourself and Juri to begin to fall asleep, thinking that your children were going to do the same because they always fell asleep so much quicker in your bed, however, just as you were about to drift off once again, your daughter began to wail into your chest, pleading to get up because the excitement was getting too much for her to cope with, this setting your son off and causing wails to ring around your bedroom.

"Please try to go back to sleep, both of you. Santa might come back and take your presents away if you don't," you said firmly, trying your best to keep as calm as possible, especially when you remembered that you were that age once on Christmas Morning.

Your children's wails reduced to sniffs, even though it was only for about thirty seconds, causing yourself and Juri to let out sighs of frustration under your breaths. It soon became clear that they weren't going to try any harder to go back to sleep, causing yourself and Juri to eventually give into their begging at around half past four.

"Come on then. Let's see what Santa's brought you," said Juri hopelessly as the two of you began to drag your feet out of your bedroom.

Your children sprinted out of the room ahead of you, causing you to pick up your own pace with the worry that they would hurt themselves rushing down the stairs. Once they had reached the bottom, rather than heading straight into the living room, they bypassed it and darted straight for their kitchen, knowing that their breakfast was always done before they started opening presents.

"You two just wait in there whilst I make your cookies and hot chocolate," said Juri warmly as he gestured towards the living room.

Since he had so little time, Juri may have just put some store bought cookies onto a plate for your children, but it was because of the way their faces would light up at the thought of Juri making his famous homemade cookies, that he had to tell a little lie to them, always telling them that it was Christmas magic how he managed to make them so quickly.

It was when your son and your daughter began to eat as they started to tare the wrapping paper of their first respective present that wide smiles spread across both yours and Juri's lips, the two of you no longer caring about it being so early because of how gleeful it made you to see your children so full of euphoria. They thanked you both, giving each of you a brief kiss and cuddle after they had opened every single one of their presents, it never failing to bring a tear to your eye at how grateful they always were.

It was when all of their presents were opened, wrapping paper being scattered all over the floor as your son and your daughter jumped amongst it with joy, that yourself and Juri looked around the room at the piles of presents in amazement, both of you being in disbelief that your favourite part of Christmas, watching your children opening their presents, was over for another year, the entire holiday period always going as quick as a flash now that you were adults.