15th December - Mick Schumacher

Requested by EandE34

21: "What makes you think the present is for another girl? It's for you."

Yourself and Mick had been lifelong best friends and it was because of this that you always ensured you would make time for each other, the two of you always making sure you met once a week no matter what, even if he wasn't home as he would invite you to his race weekends. This particular occasion was the week before Christmas, yourself and Mick deciding that rather than going out anywhere, you would just chill at his and watch Christmas movies. However, the two of you were more busy talking and laughing then paying attention to the movie playing in the background.

"So cold," you muttered under your breath, wrapping your arms around yourself as you were listening to Mick talking about how excited he was to see your parents this Christmas as they had always been family to him.

"Do you want my hoodie?" Mick asked you sympathetically, stopping in mid sentence because of how much he always wanted you to be content and comfortable. "You know where I always keep it, Get it yourself."

You didn't know whether to giggle or roll your eyes as you playfully slapped Mick across the arm, the edges of your lips curling up into a small smile as you thought about how caring Mick was, but at the same time how he would only ever feel comfortable to say something like that to you and drop his politeness.

"IF I must," you replied with a small sigh as Mick pointed towards the living room door and to the stairs, not speaking as he watched his favourite part of the Christmas movie which you had watched countless times as children.

Desperate to feel the warmth of Mick's hoodie, you rushed up the stairs and over to his bedroom, but it was when you were in the doorway that you stopped dead, noticing that a small, pink gift bag was sticking out from underneath his bed. You felt an enormous pang in your heart once you noticed it, your heart starting to race as you felt sick to your stomach at the thought of Mick buying a Christmas present for another girl, it being in that moment that you were unable to deny your feelings which you had for him for years now, which you had previously always done with the fears of ruining your friendship.

"Y/N? Are you alright up there?" Mick called up the stairs with concern after a few minutes of you being standing in his room, not moving an inch as your eyes were fixed to the gift bag. "My hoodie's on the back of the door where it always is."

His words were nothing more than faint noise which was blurred in the back of your mind, all you being able to think about being that your heart had been completely shattered. It was because of this that you didn't respond to him, you being able to hear his voice, but having no idea what he was saying You silence caused him to be the one to dart upstairs, resting a hand on your shoulder from behind once he had reached you.

"Oh, you've spotted that?" Mick asked you defeatedly as he made his way over to the bag, kicking it further under his head and out of sight.

"Whoever that's for, I just hope she knows how lucky she is to have you," you replied with sorrow, grabbing Mick's hoodie off the back of the door, before heading back downstairs because of how mortified you were that your tone would have likely exposed your secret.

You felt tears beginning to trickle down your cheeks as you sprinted back downstairs, Mick not hesitating to follow you as he called your name. You sniffed under your breath once you were back in his living room, but not managing to fool Mick as he wrapped his arms around you from behind.

"What makes you think the present is for another girl? It's for you," Mick said with surprise as he tightened his arms around you. "Is that why you're upset? Are you upset because you thought I was with someone else?"

You nodded with shame as you turned around in his arms, taking a deep breath because of how embarrassed you felt as your tears were continuing to fall, your heart slightly melting once you had as he cupped your cheeks, delicately caressing them with his thumbs.

"I didn't think it was for me because you gave me my present early. You said that you couldn't wait to see me open it," you replied softly as you lowered your eyes, being unable to make eye contact with him. "I'm sorry for being so upset and I guess I've given it away now, but I like you, Mick. I really, really like you. I have for a long time, but just haven't had the confidence to tell you."

You attempted to wriggle out of Mick's grasp, wanting to run a mile, but after realising that he wouldn't allow you to, he suddenly pressed a gentle peck to your lips, causing you to let out a small gasp of surprise against his own.

"Don't seem so shocked. How could I not share your feelings?" Mick responded once your lips had disconnected, you wrapping your arms around the back of his neck as he snaked his arms around your waist. "You're the most amazing person both inside out. You've always been there for me through both the good times and bad and nothing would make me happier than being able to call you mine."

You were unable to resist the temptation of capturing Mick's lips in a passionate kiss, Mick not hesitating to return it as well as deepening it. Now completely forgetting  about the second gift which he had bought you, you were far more gleeful at the thought of how you had never expected to leave with a boyfriend when arriving at Mick's that morning.