The Time of My Life

Start from the beginning

Why am I even here?

Janis pushed further through the crowd of strangers, desperately looking for Damian, until she bumped into someone. She lost balance, her cup falling onto the floor, and gripped onto the persons shoulders, finding her best friend in all his gay glory.

He was wearing his favourite Cher shirt combined with... rainbow shorts?

"Wow Damian you truly outgayed yourself." She snickered earning a playful shove from her best friend.

"Says the one who paints lesbian porn." he shot back.

"That's art. Totally different."

"Mmmmhm."

"I see you don't even need a wing mate?" Just a few feet away there was a guy smiling over at them. Or more specifically at Damian. He raised his cup before drinking the rest of his drink beckoning Damian to come over. Janis laughed at the scene, amused by the change of facial expressions.

Damian chugged his drink and turned towards Janis. "Alright I'll go over there now. Don't you dare to leave this party young lady."

"Why?" Janis whined looking pleadingly at Damian. Her hopes on seeing that girl again sinking by every minute that passed.

"You're going to get laid today." Damian mumbled, still distracted by the cute looking guy coming closer to them.

"I beg your pardon?" Janis said sternly, crossing her arms over her chest.

"You're going to find a girl and enjoy yourself." He said more confidently now, as he looked back and forth between her and the man candy a few feet away.

"No thank you."

"Yes please."

"No."

"Yes."

"Hey!" They both turned and saw the girl from earlier smiling up at them.

Janis froze for a second. "Hi!"

"Imma go then." Damian murmured before walking away, finally granting the boys wish.

Now alone, the two girls made their way offside the dance floor.

"I never caught your name."

"I didn't throw it."

It coaxed a laugh out of Cady, and Janis was convinced it was the prettiest sound she's ever heard.

"I'm Janis." She smiled, extending her hand.

"Cady."

Cady's skin felt soft, smooth and surprisingly cold despite the warm summer weather. "Nice to meet you Cady."

"Can I buy you a drink?"

"That would be nice."

They went to the makeshift bar then. A folding table with various drinks in ice water and stacked cups on it. Half of it was gone, taken by people, now getting passed around.

Cady handed her a blue cup, but Janis got an idea and refuses, taking the bottle of someones utterly expensive champagne which stood in the middle of the cheapest booze available in stores.

"Considering that we both don't like parties... Let me take you somewhere." she smirked, holding the bottle up.

"Is this the part where you're going to kidnap me?" Cady said jokingly, raising an eyebrow.

Janis laughed. "Sorry to disappoint you but no. Just take you to a place where we can talk? Without interruptions?"

She extended her hand again for Cady to take and she gladly took it, intertwining their fingers gently.