Chapter 1: Harrison or Hemming

Start from the beginning

Now fully dressed, you rush out of your bedroom and check the nearby rooms. You throw open every single door and enter without knocking, clearing every single room on your current floor.

There was no time to knock. Decent or not, everyone has to leave immediately. Luckily, the fact that there were no locked doors made your mission a breeze.

"JARVIS, please scan the building, I need to know which floors still have people on them." You command the AI. 

"Scanning ... Miss Romanoff and Mister Barton are evacuating all remaining floors. However, two gentlemen are unaccounted for on the 93rd-floor balcony." JARVIS reports.

"Tony's floor? On it." You sprint to the elevator and repeatedly press the button. 

"Come on, come on, come on!" You grumble through your teeth as you continue to press the up button even more.

The 93rd floor isn't just a few floors up. Your room is on the 74th floor so using the stairs isn't preferable, to say the least.

Sighing, you tilt your head up to look at the number displayed above the elevator doors as no movement can be heard in the elevator shaft. With the elevator seemingly nonfunctional, you spin on your heels and run for the stairs.

While running up the stairs, you nearly trip over your own feet as a sharp roar echoes through the stairwell. Leaning over the railing, you look down to see one of the aliens that is quickly making its way toward you.

You frantically pick up your pace and scramble up the stairs but the creature catches up too fast. A sudden rough shove sends you flying through the window, the glass breaking into a thousand tiny pieces which surround you as you fall several floors down.

Instinct takes over as you right yourself. Your magic flows through your hands, allowing you to float as the shards of glass rain over you. Your eyes dart toward the broken window you have just fallen through, yelping as the alien launches itself at you once more. It misses you by a hair and plummets to its death upon the asphalt below. 

A heavy sigh of relief escapes your lips before your attention is drawn to the sounds of thunder. After ascending the skyscraper for about two dozen or so floors, you finally reach the top, watching two men fight each other in armor straight from mythology.

Looking as if they walked out of the nearest Comic-Con, a blond man and a raven-haired man fight each other with a clunky hammer and a long golden spear. 

The blond man wears slate-colored scaly armor and a floor-length crimson cloak that flows in the wind. The raven-haired man is dressed in gold, green and black leather battle armor wearing a helmet with massive horns.

Liquid ice swirls around your fingers as you hold up your hand, but you hesitate. Which man should you attack? 

"Look at this! Look around you! You think this madness will end with your rule?" The blond man yells.